60

"Looks like the truth finally came out."

-
-
-

"Cedric, if what you're saying is true, then she must be drugging you with a love potion or something." I insist.

It's a few days later, and Cedric and I are just chilling in the library discussing what Veronica could possibly be doing to him.

He had wanted to do this in a different setting, like our ravine or his dorm, but I of course told him that that's inappropriate until we find out for sure what's going on.

I had told Luna and Hermione about my theories earlier, and they agreed that drugs, a love potion, or dark magic were really the only possibilities.

Again, this is all a hypothetical situation if Cedric is telling the truth.

"Bella, I had thought of that too, but I've been keeping a very careful eye on all my cups and drinks, especially during meals. She hasn't touched them."

I groan, slumping my head on the table.

If only this bitch would just come forward and say what she did. I think I'll go insane if I don't figure out what's going on. I'm too wrapped up in this mystery now, I feel like I just have to solve it, no matter the consequences.

I just need the damn truth.

"Wait, that's it!" I exclaim, slamming the book shut.

He looks at me confused.

"We just have to slip Verwhoreica some veratiserum! Why didn't I think of this sooner? She'll have to reveal anything she's been hiding."

He thinks for a minute.

"I guess that could work, though I don't know when or how we could do that." He shrugs.

We spend the next hour or so strategizing and planning, agreeing to tell all our friends tonight.

I end up telling the Slytherin part of our friend group during dinner, and they all agree to our plan, and Cedric catches several of the Gryffindors in the hallway and tells them there.

They were very reluctant to help him of course, but when he told them I was a part of it, they gave in, agreeing to let the rest of the Gryffindor portion of our friend group know.

I told Luna after dinner, and she agreed to help with no hesitation, though I don't even know if she heard half of what I said since I'm pretty sure she was high at the time.

Our whole group met up the next night to prep for our plan, and we decided to put it into action this coming Friday.

Everyone had started being slightly nicer since then towards Ced because of the high probability that he was under a spell or potion of some sort, but we all were of course still slightly reserved around him, not knowing if what he's saying is happening to him is true or not.

In the meantime, Cedric had been trying to avoid Veronica as much as possible in the hopes that maybe if he did that, the spell or drugs would somehow wear off.

For our plan to work though, he needed to stay on good terms with her, which has been difficult for him as he's used to arguing with her every ten seconds.

My eyes flutter open as I awaken from a nap that I don't even remember falling asleep to.

I take in the empty Gryffindor common room around me, and Cedric on the couch beside me as I sit up, realizing that I must've fallen asleep on him during our group hangout earlier.