64

"You know, for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me."

-
-
-

"Bella, I'm worried, what if Draco gets really hurt in there." Kira faltered, biting her nails anxiously.

"You forget that Ced's in there too," I chuckle, "they'll be fine." I say the last part more to myself, desperately willing it to be true.

"Yeah, Draco's drag queen mayflower q tip lookin ass will scare off all the monsters, don't worry Ki." Blaise shrugs, which causes us both to howl with laughter.

We all continue to chat along with our several other Slytherin friends before I hear Fred and George's familiar voices.

"He places his bet in the basket-"

"-Or he gets the hose again!" They both chant over and over, finishing each other's sentences as they collect coins from all the Slytherin's around us.

A/N: If no one gets that reference I'm gonna be so sad.

They eventually make their way over to us, plopping down on either side of me which shoved Kira and Blaise over a bit.

"Sorry sod's, we just needa have a chat here with Bella if that's alright." Fred states.

Blaise, Kira, Crabbe, Goyle, Eleanor, Alya, Sabrina, and Theo all share a look, then scooting over a bit to give us some "privacy."

It's funny to think how far we've come. If Fred and George had done this at the beginning of the year, my Slytherin friends would've taken the opportunity to start a fight, but now with us all being in the same friend group, theirs hardly any tension at all between the people from different houses.

"So, how are you holding up?" George asks concerned, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh I'm alright, just a little nervous is all." I shrug.

"Yeah, Ginny's freaked out as well. It's too bad they're not allowing people to mix houses, she could really use you and Kira right about now since no one else seems to know what she's going through," Fred sighs, "Hermione and Ron understand a bit since they're both so close with Harry, but it's not those types of feelings, you know?"

I nod, looking across the stadium to the Gryffindor section in a feeble attempt to try and somehow spot her.

"Well, I guess we can already assume who your bet's going towards." Fred laughs.

"Yeah, pretty boy's actually got the most bets placed on him of everyone. Even Fred and I placed a sickle on him since he's dominated in all of these challenges so far." George smiles.

I drop a coin into their basket on Cedric's side, where they then say goodbye and head off to collect more bets from all the other students.

I guess all I can do now is sit and pray he stays alive.

-

Cedric's POV:

The cold wind bites at my skin as I dart through the pathway, making mindless turns through the maze towards where I hope is the destination I'm supposed to find.

"Stupify!" I hear a familiar voice roar just in time for me to duck out of the way as the stream of red light misses me by an inch.

"Expelliarmus!" I shout into the darkness, lighting up the area with the green light that shoots from my wand enough to see Malfoy's bleach blonde hair.

I must've aimed correctly, because I see a small little object go flying into the bushes, which I can only presume is his wand.

I sprint over to him, hitting him with the impedimenta spell which causes him to freeze in place.

Malfoy and I had somewhat become friends over these past few months since we were technically in the same friend group, so I wasn't really keen on the idea of hurting him.

I sprint past him, rounding the corner for what's probably been the millionth time.

I groan frustratedly, realizing it's just another dead end.

Suddenly, I'm completely drowned in a spiral of wind that forces me to involuntarily run in the opposite direction. My eyes stay shut tight as I continue to sprint towards somewhere I can't see, the wind pushing me in this direction.

Suddenly, I run into a hard surface and the wind simultaneously stops as I fall to the ground, landing on my back.

I groan, wincing as I sit up from being brought to the ground from the impact.

I see Harry laying down a few feet in front of me, him too sitting up with his face scrunched up in pain.

We both draw our wands, simultaneously pointing it at one another as we notice each other's presence.

"I don't wanna hurt you Harry..." I trail off, cautiously standing up as he does the same.

"Neither of us has to hurt the other. We can just split up and act like this never happened-"

I'm unable to catch the rest of what he says as I feel something grab me by the ankles and pull me down.

I start shouting for Harry, trying to grab onto something, anything to stop me from being pulled under the bushes that surround us.

The roots continue to wrap around my legs, pulling me with irresistible force as my desperate eyes lock with Harry's.

He quickly turns around, glancing at the glowing object which must be the cup at the very end of the pathway.

He seems to ponder this for a moment, before turning back around and casting a spell over my cries for help that cause the roots that were binding me to completely break off.

I quickly scramble to my feet, running up by his side.

"Thanks," I breathe, "you know, for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me."

"For a moment there, so did I." He mumbles.

I look around, noticing how the maze has gone silent from its previous howling wind.

"Some game huh?" I chuckle, causing him to nod.

We make eye contact for a brief moment before facing the cup again.

Without a second thought, we both sprint towards it, each trying to gain the lead by shoving the other out of the way.

We both abruptly stop as we're within feet of it, neither of us having successfully managed to get ahead of the other.

"Take it," I urge, "you would've gotten it fair and square if you hadn't saved me. Just take it!"

His mouth purses into a hard line, obviously thinking over this.

"Together," he states, "On three. 1, 2, 3-"

Harry and I each grab opposite sides of the trophy, giving each other the same look of determination.

As our fingers grasp the medal handles, I immediately feel the familiar whirlpool, twisting sensation as we're sucked through.

It's a port key.

-

A/N: Super short chapter I know, I'm sorry, but I needed this part as a cliff hanger mwah hah hah hah.

Next chapter is the finale, get ready bitchessss.