49

"Cedric, I can't dance well with this many people watching."

-
-
-

I take a deep breath, meeting Cedric's silver eyes for a moment.

He gives me a reassuring nod as Draco and Kira step through the doors, first in line.

We follow behind them going second, Harry and Ginny behind us, then Mandy and Cormac last.

The ballroom is decorated identically to how it was in the movie, but seeing it in person all but puts me in a trance of awe.

We walk through the path the students have created, and I feel my face heat as all eyes are on us, though I'm much too distracted to notice as I'm still admiring the beauty of the room before me.

"Make sure to smile, love." Cedric whispers just low enough for me to hear, and with that, I meet his eyes which immediately put a small smile on my face.

We eventually reach the end of the path, and before I know it, Cedric has taken my waist and hand, spinning me on the dance floor.

I look past his shoulders and see that everyone has their eyes on all of us on the dance floor, and I immediately start to feel self conscious, as I've never been that great of a dancer.

"Cedric, I can't dance well with this many people watching." I whisper anxiously.

He chuckles and brings his hand to the small of my back, pulling me closer to him.

"Just follow my lead. I'll do the work." He smiles, twirling me around under his arm.

Get your mind out of the gutter I think to myself as I feel my face start to heat at his words.

We dance for several songs, me easily following Cedric's lead like he said, before students start to make their way onto the dance floor.

Within seconds, the floor is filled, and I exhale a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"I think that was the most nerve wracking thing I've ever had to do." I groan.

Cedric laughs and squeezes my hand reassuringly.

"You did amazing, I promise you. Besides, I'm almost certain no one was paying attention to your dancing as much as they were paying attention to you in general. Don't tell me you haven't seen everyone staring at you."

I raise my eyebrows, unconvinced.

"Ced, I'm pretty sure if anything they're staring at you."

He rolls his eyes, unlacing his hand from mine and gently putting it on the side of my face.

"Then tell me why when you stepped through those doors, everyone looked like they had just seen an angel."

I smile softly and put my free hand to the side of his face as he did to mine.

"Because you walked through those doors beside me."

He laughs and rolls his eyes again, his face slightly pink.

"You're impossible, Max." He teases, connecting his lips softly with mine for a second.

We dance for about another hour, before it's finally time for the band to come out.

Everyone makes their way over to the stage, crowding around in front of it, trying to get a good spot.

To my great surprise, rather than the fictional band that was in the movie, The Weird Sisters, out comes from behind the curtains, one of my favorite bands, Nirvana.