28

This definitely complicates things.
-
-
-

"What the fuck Malfoy?" I hiss as I spin around towards the direction of his voice.

"I'm tired of us fighting. I'm not letting you out until we make up," I hear him say from a few inches in front of me.

"If I'm remembering correctly, you were the one who said, and I quote, "I don't care about you. I never had and I never will". You also called me a dirty slut. Do you remember that? Oh yeah, you also forced me to make out with you even though I was trying to pull awa-"

"Okay, okay, I get it. I've fucked up. But in all honesty, Max, all of those things I did were obviously just out of spite. You can't honestly believe I don't care about you if we've been friends for four years," he scoffs.

I'm tired of this excuse he keeps making. He has absolutely nothing to be jealous about.

"You have nothing to be spiteful about. I don't understand why you're so upset over my relationship with Cedric when it's not even like you have real feelings for me,"

He's always made it very clear that his feelings towards me were nothing more than friendship related, and I've always felt the same. I honestly could never see myself in a relationship with Malfoy, even though we're super close.

"Who says I don't," he mumbles.

What the fuck? There's no way he actually has feelings for me. Like I said before, it's always been so clear that there was nothing but a friendship between us.

"Malfoy, you're not serious, right?"

"I don't know, Bella. I've never had those feelings for someone before, so I can't be certain. What I do know, is that when you started talking to Cedric, I got super jealous. If my feelings were only friendship related, I doubt I would've felt like that," he says quietly.

This definitely complicates things.

"Malfoy, think about this for a second. Are you sure you're not just jealous because I'm not spending as much time with you now? You're obviously still my best friend, but maybe you're feeling this way because you're feeling a little bit replaced,"

I really hope he doesn't have real feelings for me. I obviously don't feel the same way for him, and I don't want to have to ruin things between us by rejecting him.

"Yeah, I guess you could be right," he concedes.

I put my hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"I'll always be here for you, and you'll always be my best friend, but I'm with Cedric now, so things are going to change a little bit,"

"I just don't know what to do. I don't have anyone else I'm close with like I am with you, so when you're off with Diggory, I don't really have anyone," he mumbles.

He's always been terrible at opening up to people, and he only tolerates pureblood Slytherins, so it is a lot harder for him to make friends than most people.

"I know you've never been good at it, but try opening up more to people. Even if it's just one person, like Blaise. Hell, go try to find yourself a girlfriend," I laugh.

"Yeah, right. As if I haven't been trying that ever since you got with Diggory,"

I roll my eyes.

"I know you, Malfoy. You haven't really been trying, have you? You know, you actually have to put in some effort into talking to girls to get them to like you,"

He laughs.

"Yeah, I just can't stand most of them. They're so clingy and they always wanna talk about their feelings,"