22

"That was a really nice way of telling me to shut up"
-
-
-

Heartbreak immediately fills his eyes when he processes what I said. 

"You don't mean that," he whispers, his voice breaking.

Tears fill my eyes and I turn around so he can't see.

"I'm sorry, Cedric,"

I sprint out of the Room of Requirement and down the corridor towards my common room, a river of tears flowing from my eyes.

His heartbroken face will haunt me forever.

"Hey Bella, what's wr-"

I push past Blaise with my head down as I enter the common room.

I'll apologize to him later.

I sprint up the stairs, through my dormitory, and into the bathroom where I slam the door shut and lock it.

I slump to the floor against the wall, sobbing hysterically.

I hate myself for hurting him. All he's ever been is so caring and perfect to me, and in return, I break his heart.

I did the right thing though... right?

How else was I supposed to stop him from entering? He wasn't listening to me when I was warning him, so I needed to fully get my point across.

I'll never forget the look on his face when those words left my mouth. The way tears instantly welled up in his eyes, the way his face fell.

I need to apologize, but how? I still don't want him to enter and apologizing would allow him to do so.

I mean, it's not even guaranteed that he'll get chosen if he puts his name in the Goblet. This reality has been so different from the actual story, I don't even know if he'd die while competing.

I think the only way to find out is to try to remember if Voldemort actually exists in this reality or not.

I surf through memories of this life.

We obviously had the party in the Chamber of Secrets yesterday, so does that mean Harry opened it during our second year like he did in the books?

I remember always hanging out down there with my friends, dating all the way back to first year.

The Chamber has been opened ever since the first day of school, meaning Harry never fought Tom Riddle or the Basilisk.

Does that mean Voldemort truly doesn't exist here?

I surf through more memories and recall my first year, the school celebrated the 10th anniversary of Voldemort's downfall.

If I'm not mistaken, when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, he actually ended up killing himself completely, rather than just being fatally injured.

Even if Cedric gets chosen, the cup at the end of the maze won't be a port key because there's no Voldemort, meaning it's almost certain he won't die.

Damnit, I just hurt Cedric and caused him to hate me all for no reason.

I should have realized this sooner. Madeye Moody isn't even a teacher at this school!

I need to apologize, though I doubt he'll forgive me.

I know I wouldn't.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Bella, you alright? You've been in there for an hour," I hear Kira ask through the door in a concerned voice.