4

"They just make you look like a desperate little fuck boy to me,"

-

My breath hitches in my throat, and blood instantly rushes to my cheeks at the beautiful boy in front of me. I take a deep breath, and quickly gain control over myself again, averting my eyes in an attempt to cover up the fact that I was flustered.

I've always thought that Cedric was one of, if not the most attractive character in the series, but seeing him in person was just a whole different level.

He towers over everyone at a height of around 6'1, causing me to have to crane my neck upwards.

I hear Ginny and Hermione giggling from beside me, causing me to have to suppress a laugh at their feeble flirting attempt.

"Ah, and this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?" Arthur asks, shaking Cedric's broad hands. They consist of metal rings on every other finger, but the one that sticks out to me the most is on his left index finger. It's thick and square-like with a different suit from a deck of cards on each side.

"Yes sir," he says in a voice smooth as velvet.

"Well, go on then kids, introduce yourselves," Arthur insists before returning to his conversation with Amos and Molly as we all continue walking on the path we were on before.

"I'm Hermione, and this is Ginny," she says eagerly to Cedric as he walks beside us.

"What am I, chopped liver?" I scoff.

She rolls her eyes. "I just knew you'd throw a fit if I spoke on your behalf, so I was waiting for you to do the honors," she explains curtly.

She's not wrong. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I turn to Cedric and meet his silver eyes.

"I'm Hermione Granger," I say in a horribly fake British accent, causing him to chuckle.

"Very mature," she scoffs as she speeds ahead, annoyed.

"Who pissed in her pumpkin juice this morning?" I whisper to Ginny.

She shrugs. "Ron made a snide comment about her outfit earlier, so I reckon she's a little put off. I should probably go make sure she's fine. I'll be right back," Ginny says quickly before chasing after Hermione, leaving me and Cedric alone behind everyone.

"Nice American accent," he teases once people are out of hearing range.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, that's kind of what happens when you live in America up until the second grade."

This was an easy explanation, as it was true in this reality. It's funny how my subconscious created a reality that fit around my American accent, rather than just giving me a British one when I woke up here.

"What about you though? I've never seen you around the school," I say curiously.

I scan through memories of this reality, and I'm almost positive I would've remembered if I had seen him, considering a face like his isn't easy to skip over.

He shrugs. "That's because I've only just been accepted into Hogwarts. Supposedly the ministry missed a handful of students by accident, so I never received my letter. My father was real distraught over it, and the ministries been receiving a lot of shit for it since we're all pretty behind, considering we're already in our fourth year."

Huh, this is definitely different from the real series. What's also different is that he's in the same year as all of us, as opposed to being older.