56

"So, you guys are hanging out alone now, huh?"

-
-
-

It's finally nearing springtime, meaning Quidditch season is in full force.

All of the teams have been practicing every single day for several hours in preparation for their final games.

Hufflepuff vs Slytherin for the House Cup, and Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw for third place.

Cedric and I have been a bit more distant lately due to this, but it's been manageable for the most part. We only really get to see each other in class and at night though because our practices are at different times, so whenever one person is free, the other isn't.

It also doesn't help that since I'm the team captain, most of the responsibility falls on me, so I'm constantly having to come up with new training techniques, drills, lineups, etc.

Cedric and Veronica have been back on good terms ever since he decided to accept her apology, which was a few days after his birthday. In fact, a lot of the guys in our friend group seem to have been getting along with her since then.

Since lots of people in our friend group have become sort of friends with her, I've had to put my hatred for her aside and allow her a second chance, because if I didn't do that, I'm sure I'd just lose my mind always having to be around the one person I despise.

"I can't wait till Quidditch season is over. We never get to see each other anymore." I whine, rolling over so I'm facing Cedric who's turning off the lamp on his bedside table.

He rolls over so he's facing me, placing his hand softly on the side of my face.

"I know, me too. It hasn't been so bad though, I mean, at least we have two classes together."

"You hardly talk to me in them though. You're always busy talking to your other friends. It feels like you're avoiding me sometimes." I sigh.

A small look of guilt flashes through his eyes, but it disappears just as soon as it came.

He pulls my face towards his, entwining our lips passionately. I bite his lip softly, earning a groan from him and leeway for me to slip my tongue in, deepening this kiss all the more.

I crawl overtop of him so I'm straddling his waist, not breaking off from the kiss.

My hands make their way towards the hem of his joggers, but he stops them abruptly, pulling away.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask suddenly.

He sighs, shaking his head.

"Just not tonight, okay?"

I nod reluctantly, getting off of him and rolling on my side so I'm facing the other direction.

I feel his hands on my waist, pulling me so I'm closer to him.

"Goodnight, I love you." He whispers, kissing the crook of my neck.

"I love you too."

-

"We're totally gonna crush you guys and win the house cup. You Hufflepuff's don't stand a chance, especially with Bella as the Slytherin captain." Veronica says to our group at breakfast, earning protests from the Hufflepuff boys and a nod of agreement from me.

"Alright, Bella might be a good captain from what I've heard, but it's Malfoy vs Cedric for the snitch. Cedric would break Malfoy with just a little flick of his fingers." Jack retorts, patting Cedric on the back.