14

I'm stunned. This is a room I could only imagine in my wildest dreams.
-
-
-

Authors note: If you would like to listen to the song the MC plays on the speaker, click the video up above!

-

Cedric leads me to the exit of the library, where he then takes me down the corridor towards a part of the school I've never been to.

I'm pretty sure this is the way to the room of requirement, though, I can't be sure, because I've never used it before.

He holds my hand gently and rubs his thumb across the top of it in a comforting way as we walk.

"Where are you taking me, Ced?"

"You'll see," he smiles.

I roll my eyes.

"I hate surprises,"

"You'll like this one," he laughs.

We reach a blank, brown, cobblestone wall at the end of the corridor.

"Thanks, Cedric, I love it!" I exclaim sarcastically.

He rolls his eyes.

After a minute, the wall slowly forms into a big set of double doors.

The doors are tall and wide, colored a plain, espresso brown.

Though they're simple, they look elegant, like doors to a castle.

He opens one with his free hand and allows me to walk through it first.

I step inside, and I'm met with a warm temperature.

My jaw drops to the floor as I take in the view in front of me. This room is the most beautiful music studio I've ever seen.

Unlike a modern one, it fits the theme of the castle. Records line the walls and at the top of them, spaced out evenly all around, are castle wall sconces with candles in them that emit a beautiful golden glow that lights up the room.

In the center of the room are two leather couches facing each other. On each side of both of the couches is a guitar in a stand, each one a different color.

In the space between the couches is a coffee table with a small rectangular gadget laying on it, but I can't quite tell what it's for.

I'm stunned. This room is a room I could only imagine in my wildest dreams.

Music has always been a safe space for me, and it was probably the only healthy coping mechanism I had after my mother died.

Ever since I was little, every minute of every day, I've been listening to music. I listen while reading, while in school, while eating. Even when I'm playing soccer, I manage to hide my wireless earbuds behind my headband.

I've probably heard every song ever made. I love all genres from every era. Any song you name, I could probably recite from heart.

I've always dreamed of being in a room like this. The records, the speakers, the stage. I'm at a loss for words.

How could Cedric have known, though? I don't think I've ever mentioned one thing about music to him, so I don't understand how he would've known to have the Room of Requirement create this.

"Cedric... how did you know?" I probably should elaborate on what I mean, but he seems to understand what I'm asking.

"I may or may not have asked around a little about what things you're into. The one thing that everyone said was music which, by the way, is something we have in common," he smiles.