32

"Crucio!"
-
-
-

My heart rate skyrockets, and my breathing becomes fast and shallow. I try to catch my breath, but I can't seem to. The fast and shallow breaths turn into wheezes.

I should have never let him enter. I don't know why I gave him leeway and allowed him to. He could get hurt from these dragons and it'll be my fault for allowing him to enter.

Holy shit, the dragon could FUCKING KILL HIM, and it'll be my fault.

As I continue to try and catch my breath, tears start to well up in my eyes. I've never felt like this before. There's a crushing weight on my lungs, and the only thing I can hear is the sound of my heartbeat.

The world starts to turn black as I continue to struggle catching my breath, tears overflowing from my eyes.

I don't know how much time passes, but I eventually start to come back to my senses and I'm able to hear Cedric's comforting voice.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. You're fine, love. Everything's okay," he whispers with his lips to the top of my head.

His arms are wrapped around me, rubbing my back gently.

"I'm sorry, Ced, I don't know what was going on," I'm finally able to say, my voice hoarse.

He looks at me, his eyes concerned.

"I think you were having an anxiety attack, love. You had me really worried,"

I rest my head on his bare chest.

I've never had one as bad as that before. I guess I care for Cedric a lot more than I realized.

"Even if I don't win this challenge, I'm going to be fine. Remember what you told me yesterday? I've been prepping like crazy. Plus, you made sure I focused on the dragons the most. Thanks to you, I have tons of strategies on how to take them on," he assures me in a soothing voice.

I take a deep breath, which steadies my shaking a bit.

"Okay, Hufflepuff. I believe you. Now, go get ready. You don't wanna be late," I smile.

He nods and heads over to his dresser where he picks out his thin, black and yellow robe that he was instructed to wear for the first task.

I watch him as he runs his hands through his hair absentmindedly, picking out his black joggers from the top drawer.

He throws on the outfit and turns to me.

A smirk plays on his lips as he notices me staring.

"Admiring the view?" He teases with an eyebrow raised.

A grin spreads across my face.

"Like always,"

He chuckles and heads over to me, putting his knees on either side of my legs, and his hands on either side of my head against the headboard.

"I better not see you rooting for Malfoy out there," he says in a low voice.

"Or what?" I tease, my hand trailing down his chest.

His hand entwines with my hair, and his other hand wraps gently around my neck as he connects his lips with mine passionately.

He trails his lips down to my chest, causing me to sigh and entwine my fingers with his hair.

He connects his lips with mine again, getting lost in the moment.

"You're gonna be late," I breathe into the kiss.