57

"You're going to leave me, aren't you?"

-
Warning: Prepare to cry bitches
-

I wake up several hours later with my head pounding.

My roommates are still asleep, so I know I at least didn't sleep in too late to where I missed the Quidditch game.

I roll back over, hoping to get another hour of sleep or so, when I notice a small basket on my bedside table.

It's filled with a few chocolate frogs, some ibuprofen, a red Gatorade, and a little card on top.

I take the card and open it, reading the all too familiar handwriting scrawled across.

A basket for your hangover since I know I'm the one who caused you to get fucked up in the first place.

I'm so sorry, let's talk later when you're feeling up to it.

- C

I sigh, setting the card down and opening the bottle of ibuprofen.

I down two pills with the Gatorade and get up, heading over to my dresser to get ready as I know there's no way I'll be able to go back to sleep now.

I decide against wearing one of Cedric's jumpers, as that's probably not appropriate considering where our relationship stands right now.

Instead, I throw on a scarlet colored tank top to show my support for Gryffindor, and a pair of black high waisted jeans.

Since there's still about two hours until the game, I head down to the kitchens to grab a snack as there's no way I'm showing up to the great hall just to sit with Veronica and Cedric for breakfast.

I open the kitchen quietly and step through, greeting the house elves who are working hard on preparing breakfast for the students.

I head towards the pantry in the back, but stop in my tracks when I see Cedric there, seeming to have had the same idea to come down to the kitchen as me.

Before I can leave without him noticing, he turns around and spots me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asks worriedly, making his way over to me.

"I'm fine." I shrug nonchalantly, though my voice wavers and tears fill my eyes from seeing him.

I don't know if it's the gut feeling I have that he's going to break up with me soon that causes me to feel this way, or if I'm just pmsing, but either way, I can feel the tears silently start to stream down my face.

Heartbreak fills his eyes and he pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back comfortingly.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks worriedly, though I'm sure he already knows.

"You're going to leave me, aren't you?" I sob quietly.

His hand freezes on my back, and he pulls me away from him so we're locking eyes.

"Let's go talk somewhere else." He says softly, leading us out of the kitchen.

His hand stays laced through mine as we walk for a while.

The entire walk is silent, neither of us speaking until we finally reach the black lake.

He turns to me, and tears fill his silver eyes as he starts to speak.

"Bella I'm so sorry," he starts, his voice breaking as the tears start to stream down his face, "I don't know why this is happening or when it started, but..." He can't seem to get the words out as the quiet sobs escape his lips.