47

"What, scared of a little challenge, Maxwell?"

-
-
-

We eventually arrive to the quidditch pitch, where George finally sets me down on my feet.

"Hey George, you see these?" I point to my legs, "they're called legs. I have them for a reason. I don't need to be carried around like a rag doll." I scoff.

He smirks then picks me up, spinning me around.

"Put me down!" I whine.

He continues to spin me around for a minute, before setting me down on my feet again.

"Haven't you realized yet, Max? You're like our little sister-"

"Therefore it's our job to push you around and annoy you." The twins laugh, finishing each other's sentences.

I roll my eyes as we head through the entrance, stepping onto the field which is dimly lit from only one stadium light being on.

In the center of the pitch are two brooms laying down next to each other.

"Where are the other brooms? Aren't there supposed to be four?" I question, turning around and looking up at the twins who have mischievous grins on their faces.

"Nope, it was only our job to bring you here. Diggory's handling the rest." Fred smiles, wrapping his arm around George's shoulder, and leading them away.

"Wait! Where are you guys going?!" I call after them, but they soon disappear in the darkness without a word.

I groan and turn back around, looking across the empty field.

It really is quite beautiful at night.

"Damnit." I mutter to myself, remembering I forgot a jacket as I start to shiver.

A moment later, I hear footsteps a ways away, causing my head to snap up.

Across the field, I see Cedric running towards me, a shiny object in one hand, and a hoodie in the other.

He eventually reaches me, picking me up and swinging me around, causing me to laugh hysterically.

He eventually sets me on my feet, looking at me amused.

"I knew you'd forget your jacket, so I brought you one." He smiles, handing the hoodie he's holding to me.

I take the hoodie graciously, pulling it over my head, and I'm instantly drowned in his intoxicating scent.

"So, are you going to tell me why on earth you dragged me out to the quidditch field at 11 at night?" I ask, folding my arms across my chest.

He laughs and snakes his arm around my waist, leading us over to the two brooms in the center of the field.

"You're gonna see if you can beat me to the snitch." He shrugs.

I laugh.

"Cedric, I'm a beater, there's no way I'd be able to catch it in the first place, let alone competing against you."

He raises his eyebrows.

"What, scared of a little challenge, Maxwell?"

I furrow my eyebrows, my eyes squinting. He knows how competitive I can get, so he also knows going into a challenge I know I'm bound to lose isn't exactly something I enjoy.

He rolls his eyes at my reaction, putting his hand to the side of my face.

He puts his lips down to my jawline, his tongue slightly grazing across it before he makes his way up to my ear.