40

"Blaise, don't tell me we're going to the Hufflepuff Common Room."

-
-
-

Bella's POV

"You really need to eat, Max," Blaise pleads in a concerned voice, offering me a bite of his dinner.

Like usual, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco are eating dinner in my room, keeping me company as I didn't feel like showing up to the great hall tonight.

"I would Blaise, but I haven't been able to keep anything down when I try," I sigh.

He gives me a sad smile before returning to his conversation with Draco.

"Since when do breakups make someone sick? Are you sure you're not pregnant?" Goyle scoffs, not having a filter like usual.

I roll my eyes and slap his arm.

"I am not pregnant you-"

Suddenly, Fred and George burst into the room, cutting me off.

"Malfoy, Zabini, Goyle, Crabbe, c'mon. You gits need to come with us," Fred huffs out of breath, most likely from running here.

"What's going on?" I ask skeptically.

"Nothing for you to worry about. Just know that everything between you and pretty boy is gonna be fine," George smiles deviously.

An unhumorous laugh escapes my lips at the ridiculousness of that sentence.

"George, are you high? Do you remember the part where he said that he 'is bored of me' and 'has been planning on breaking up with me for awhile' and 'I don't make him happy any-"

"Yes to both of those questions. I am in fact high, and I also remember him saying those things. Don't worry about that though, just chillax while we take care of everything. You and pretty boy will be back together in no time!" He cuts me off excitedly once again.

I roll my eyes and flop on my bed.

"Whatever you say," I scoff unconvinced as they leave my room in a rush.

I roll onto my back and stare up at the tan ceiling.

I shouldn't have allowed myself to fall in lo- to like a fictional character this much.

I got fucking sick after being broken up with by a fictional character. How does that even happen?

I should've cut ties with Cedric the day I realized I had feelings for him. It's so naive to allow myself to catch feelings, let alone in a different reality.

God knows how this is gonna affect my mental health when I return home. I guess I could always come back, but this isn't my real home, no matter how much I wish it was.

I just wish I could stay here forever, or bring all of these people back with me. I don't understand how I'm supposed to go on living my life at home without these people there.

I've gotten sick just from being away from Cedric in the same building, I can't even imagine how horrible it's gonna feel when I'm in a separate reality from him.

I continue to ponder over these thoughts for awhile, until I slowly let myself fall into unconsciousness.

-

"Psst, Bella,"

"Bella,"

"BELLA!"

I startle awake and jump upright out of surprise.