45

"Did you love her?"

-
-
-

It's been about a month since the Masquerade ball, and now we're about a week away from the next challenge. However, Cedric is unusually calm and confident.

We've been relentlessly preparing ever since things died down after the ball, and he's been studying non stop about spells that will allow him to breathe under water.

Expectedly, he's decided to go with the air bubble spell that he used in the real series.

Again like in the real story, he hinted to Harry that "the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor is not a bad place for a bath".

Since then, they've been setting aside an hour a day to strategize and try to come up with ideas for what the mermaids are supposedly going to be guarding under water.

I want to tell him it'll most likely be me, but, knowing him, that would just cause him to get all worked up beforehand and put lots of pressure on himself to save me in time.

I just have a feeling that it'll be better for him to not find out until he's actually under water and sees me, assuming I'm the one he has to save.

It's a Saturday afternoon, and I'm doing some studying with Hermione and Ginny at a table near one of the library bookshelves, while Cedric and Harry are a few tables ahead, strategizing and studying like usual.

I'm not entirely sure if what they're doing is allowed, but then again, I probably shouldn't be allowed to help Cedric either, knowing what I know.

Harry's back is to me, and Cedric is sitting directly across from him, facing my direction.

Every once in awhile he peaks up from his conversation to send me a wink or a flirtatious smile, which never fails to make me blush.

Harry seems to be wrapped up in a book, but Cedric is writing something down on a piece of paper.

"Oi, stop ogling at your boyfriend and help me finish my notes." Ginny snaps half heartedly, swatting my arm.

I roll my eyes, turning to her.

"That's what you have Hermione for."

Hermione looks up from her book and gives me an annoyed expression.

Ginny turns to Hermione for help, and I turn back towards Cedric, who now seems to be sending the piece of paper my way in the shape of a bird.

I chuckle as it lands in front of me, opening the note to see his elegant handwriting scrawled across it.

That's a very pretty necklace.

I look down at my necklace that Cedric sweetly gave me about six weeks ago for our one month "anniversary", if that's what you call it.

It's a sterling silver thin chain with a snake weaved into the word Cedric in the center.

It's absolutely stunning, and I don't even wanna think about how much it costed him.

I smile at his note and pull out a quil of my own, scribbling right below his writing:

Thanks, your hands would look better though ;)

"Oh my Godric you did NOT just write that!" Ginny exclaims, reading over my shoulder.

I laugh and fold the slip of paper back into the bird shape, using the levitation spell to fly it back over to Cedric.