BURN ONE

973 WORDS DON'T FORGET TO VOTE,COMMENT, ADD TO LIBRARY SHOUTOUTMYMUCUS wrote this

"All you have to do is get the money there on time, okay? Don't take the highway road because it'll take you longer, and the possibility of running into a cop is high, just take the back road. I'll dead bust yo jaw if you fuck up."

"Okay, I got it, I aint gonna fuck up, damn," She grabbed the bag of money and threw it in the trunk.

Ski glared at her for a second before closing the truck and let her go on.

"I swear if she fuck this up..."

-

Rocky bit into the apple as she kept her eyes on the road. The juice from the apple sprayed out and she yelped in surprise as she tried to keep it from getting on her shirt.

"Damn." Her eyes shifted back and forth from the road and on to her lap as she tried to clean the small apple chunks up. She put the apple and reached for her into the middle console for some napkins. She retrieved her napkin and proceeded to wipe her lap. Then, Rocky felt her soul leave her body at the sound of police sirens. She look in the rear view mirror of the SUV and panicked. She felt the heat rise under her cinnamon brown skin and the anxiety crawl up her back.

"Fuck fuck fuck, no no no no no," She repeated quickly to herself as she pulled the SUV to the side of the road. She parked and rushed to pull her license out of her small purse then leaned over to the glove compartment for the registration, but it wasn't in there.

"What the fuck?! Oh my- bruh!" She panicked even more. She then looked in the rear view to see that the cop was still in the car. She looked on the floor, the middle console, the back seat, and the glove compartment again.

"Fuck me." She whispered as she closed her eyes and rested her head on the headrest. She opened her eyes and looked in the exterior car mirror and watched as the cop approached. She lowered the window as he got closer.

"Good evening ma'am, you know why I stopped you?" He asked with his hand on his hip.

"N-no sir, I don't." She replied as calmly as she could.

He cleared his throat, "Well, you were speeding. The speed limit is 60 and you were going 75 when I clocked you," The light brown man told her.

"... I'm sorry?"

He laughed at her, "I need to see your license and registration."

She sighed and looked down at her lap with the single license in it. She fumbled around like she was digging it out and stuck her hand out of the window. He grabbed it and waited for her to hand it to him the other document.

"I have to get it out.." She pointed to the glove compartment and he nodded signaling for her to proceed. She opened the literally empty glove compartment and frowned. She then opened the middle console, acting as clueless as ever. She pulled down the sun visor on both sides.

"I... I can't find them," she told him.

"Anywhere?"

"No sir."

"Okayyy, is this your car?"

"Yes," She lied straight through her teeth.

"Okay, well wait one moment, I have to run your licenses."

She nodded then he walked away. Tears of frustration stung her eyes but she didn't let them fall.

"He's going to fuckin' kill me," She laughed to herself.

Bitch just drive off, the fuck.

She ignored her inner thoughts and puffed out a huge gush of air. The officer came back before speaking, " Ma'am I'm gonna need for you to step out of the vehicle. I am going to arrest you but this can go really easy if you just listen, I won't even put handcuffs on you."

Aw, he's a nice one... still a fuckin' pig.

"What am I being arrested for?"

"Failure to show registration, this is the second time it's happened according to your record, so I have to take you in." He gave her a tight lipped smile.

She sighed and did as he said. She locked the car door before tossing the keys under it. He lead the way and let her keep her Apple Watch on. With that she sent a text to Ski.

She got in the back of the car, and dreaded for the moments Ski came and got her

She got in the back of the car, and dreaded for the moments Ski came and got her. She knew he would bail her out, he was her best friend since high school. They were just that close and did everything for each other.

She sat silently in the back of the car, and played with her thumbs. She was honestly scared because she knew how mad Ski could get, but she knew he wouldn't do anything too bad. The ride was short to the station, but it felt long to rocky because she was damn near counting every second. Once she was booked and put into a waiting cell, she waited until stokeley came and got her. She sat there and fiddled with her thumbs. Not even 30 minutes later, a guard banged his baton on the cell's bars.

"Ms. Roxanne Loius? You've got bail," he said as he reacted for the keys.

Rocky walked to the door and cringed at how heavy he was breathing, the man was struggling with the keys so bad she almost sat back down. But once he finally got it open, he led her down the hallway, slow as ever. Rocky's nose started to twitch at the way the man was wobbling so slowly. He walked her to the front, where she did paperwork, then walked out the door. The cool wind glided across her face once she opened the door to the outside. Her eyes scanned around the lot before landing on her altima. She saw a glimpse of ski before she began to walk with her head down.

To be continued