The Unknown PART 2

I wanted to post another chapter before I do my homework so enjoy.

Jah's perspective

I awoke to the feeling of Stokeley shaking my shoulder awake as he called out my name repeatedly.

"Bruh X come on, wake your ass up" I heard his faint voice bring me out of my slumbers, finally getting up. I rubbed my eyes and saw my clothing and various other items scattered across my floor as I glanced up to see Stoke leaving the room and shutting the door carefully.

I grumbled and flopped back down onto my bed turning over and pulling my soft covers tighter around me to keep the warmth and comfort of my bed. I floated into thoughts of the Purge and what would happen... Again, I awoke to Stokeley shaking my shoulder before a slap connected with my back.

"Bro get your ass up" his voice repeated more annoyed this time as I let out a raspy groan. "I'm up so get off me" I slurred together as I opened my eyes again, I hadn't even realized that I had fallen asleep again.

I sat up in my warm bed as I stretched up and let out a loud yawn as Stokeley rolled his eyes and stalked out of the room. I glanced around, taking in my surroundings before reaching to the side of the bed for my phone resting on the bedside table.

Shit, it's almost 10:30 I realized as I threw my phone back down on the table and rolled out of bed. I trudged across the grey carpet and over to the closet and swung the creaky wooden door open, glancing at the door mirror on the inside of the door as I walked forwards into the room draped with shelves and hangers of clothing.

Clicking on the bright fluorescent light, I chose out a simple pair of sweatpants and a shirt with a sweatshirt as I headed out and slammed the door shut behind me. As I headed over to the bathroom across from the closet, I reached down to pick up some of the mess I had, it bothered me when shit was too messy. Before I shut the door behind me I heard my phone start buzzing with vibrations on the table.

I paid no attention to the sounds as I dropped my clothes on the marble counter of the sink and hopped into the shower, turning on the water to a comforting temperature. As I let the water run over my body I heard the phone stop as I wondered who it could've been or what they wanted the day before the purge.

I finished washing myself, changing into a clean comfortable pair of clothing and checking out my hair and skin in the mirror before I heard my phone start to ring again. Could it be the same person?

I stepped out of the room and grabbed my phone from the table, looking at the caller screen. Geneva. What could she possibly want? I fumed as I slide across the screen to answer her call.

"What" I asked with no emotion, busting myself with tidying my room and making my bed as I heard her breath on the other side of the phone.

"I was thinking we could meet up before the purge to..." she trailed off as I scrunched up my nose at her offer.

"Bitch what you need me for before the Purge? Get some dick somewhere else I'm busy" I scoffed at her as I heard fumbling from her end.

"No I meant like...come with your group. I know you go out every purge and I was thinking I could help you guys out because-" she quickly rambled on before I cut her off with a cough.

"You're not coming with us I don't know what the fuck you think this is. You're going to be dead weight who's only chasing for the money, no way" I seethed over the line as I gripped the phone tightly in my hand, throwing down the pair of jeans I was folding and plopping down on the bed.

"No Jah I'm serious, I'm not in it for money or you or whatever you think I want, just give me a chance" her voice crackled over the phone as the connection falters slightly.