DOUBLE LIFE PT. 6

2,873 words. SORRY FOR THE WAIT! BUT PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU FEEL AS YOU READ THIS CHAPTER. IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, ADD TO LIBRARY! ENJOOOOOY

Aaraya grabbed a non-stick pan from the ceiling rack and put it on the burner and watched as the flames burned their orange and blue flames through it. She grabbed the half-empty cup of freshly squeezed orange juice and took a small sip from it. Smacking her lips together she put the rim of the glass to her slightly opened lips again and let the orange liquid travel down her sore throat.

As she became immersed in the orange juice, she watched as the flames kept flaring up as the empty pan sits calmly on it. She stared tirelessly at the smoke already rising up from the pot, she reached for the handle to the fridge and sluggishly pulled it open, peering inside. Her eyes scanned the various food items. Pulling out the container of eggs she closed the fridge back with the touch of her hip. She sighed. In her mind, she tells herself she isn't ready to do this yet and just wanted to catch up on some much needed sleep, but the constant rumble from her stomach begged to differ. She popped one quarter cup of vegetable oil into the pan and backed away and settled herself on the counter letting her legs dangle.

Aaraya been keeping herself out of the public eye for the past month and instead cooped herself inside the house, and relocated her job in her home. She did that when she noticed the weight gain she was picking up and how her hips expanded in her favorite jeans and how her legs, ankles, and feet were expanding. She threw away the unhealthy food and changed her diet in hopes of getting her figure back and figuring eating badly was the cause of her gaining weight due to her nasty breakup with Jahseh. After that slip up with Jahseh months ago, she screamed how he took advantage of her vulnerability, and how she never wanted to see him again. Jahseh agreed with her and deep down it hurt her to the core.

She really didn't want to see Jahseh ever again, but she at least wanted him to fight for her love, but then again she couldn't really put anything past this man because she always came second to him. She thought about how confused she was when he was pulling a ring off his middle finger, and how her heart throbbed when he put it on his ring finger and realization hit her. How he didn't talk to her for months, but roughed her up when she decided to defend herself against Jenesis on the gram. She felt he only showed up when it pertained to Jenesis. He didn't see her worth by lying to her face for two years and quite frankly Aaraya felt she didn't see her worth either by letting him fuck her again.

She sighed and cleared her thoughts before walking to her refrigerator and pulled out the egg carton she bought a few days earlier. She grabbed herself a bowl, all the seasoning she needed, and a whisk. She cracked open and whipped up her eggs, then proceeded to add her spices. While she was cooking, a wave of nausea came out of nowhere, leaving her utterly confused. She cooked eggs all the time, so she brushed it off as the feeling went away.

Maybe my empty stomach has me feeling off, she thought.

When the eggs became nice and fluffy, she slid them on to a plate. Grabbing a fork from a drawer, she put it on her plate, then walked to her room. She sat on her bed and as she ate she decided to text her cousin, since she really didn't have any friends. She and her cousin, Nya, had the type of relationship where the two of them could go months without talking to each other, but act like they saw each other yesterday once they reunite.