DDLG PT. 3

SHOUTOUTMYMUCUS wrote most of this so make sure y'all follow, comment, vote, and add her books to y'all library. Enjoy. Don't forget to vote, comment, and add this book to library. ENJOY

1,758 words DDLG Part 3

Jahseh sucked the sauce off the fork and set it down in the mixture of chopped peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onions, grilled chicken, pita chips, and crumbled feta cheese scattered amongst it to help compliment the dish and add flavor. He took two plates down from the cabinet before freezing in place..

Let me go check on my princess, it's been a while, he thought.

He set the plates on the counter down before he walked down the hallway. He softly gripped the knob before pushing the door open slowly. A smirk took over his face once he noticed she was still against the wall. Lilly let out a whimper once she noticed him enter the room.

"D-daddy, I'm sorry-" she started with a weak voice but Jahseh cut her off. He silenced her with a curt 'be quiet' before approaching her.

He looked closely to see if she had moved from the spot he put her in, (like he could remember) before putting his hand underneath her chin and against the wall.

"Back up, princess," he ordered softly.

Lily brought her head from off of the wall and the quarter fell into the palm of his hand. Lily averted her eyes to the ground as Jahseh pocketed the coin. He tilted his head before putting his index and middle finger under her chin. He lifted her head up and stared into her eyes.

"Are you still crying, baby?" He asked.

She swallowed and shifted her feet, "N-no, daddy, I'm okay."

He nodded before telling her to follow him. She followed after him as he went back into the kitchen.

"Go sit down." He told her.

She carried herself to the table before pulling out a chair and sitting in it. She saw her reflection in the glass table and cringed. Dried tears left streaks on her cheeks and she had crust in the corners of her eyes. She wiped her face the best she could with her shirt before Jahseh could see her again. She continued to sulk as Jahseh fixed their plates of food.

She lifted her head once she heard her daddy's footsteps coming near her. He placed her plate down in front of her, and she observed it. Usually she'd be happy at the sight of foodie any situation but she just sat there this time. Jahseh took notice of that and slightly furrowed his eyebrows. He kept his eyes on her as he went to the other end of the table. He sat down and began eating his food. On the other ending, Lilly was poking at her food. She wasn't in the mood to eat, she just wanted to sleep.

"Lilly," Jahseh broke the silence.

She stopped swaying her feet and looked up at him.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asked with a small head tilt.

Lilly slumped her shoulders, "Because- because-" She couldn't even get her sentence out before a lump clogged her throat. She tried her best to push it down but a small sob left her throat. Jahseh sighed before pushing out his chair a little bit, "C'mere, baby," he cooed.

Another sob let her mouth as she got out of her chair and walked over to him. He pulled her into his lap and she immediately locked her arms around his neck.

"It's okay, baby,"

"I'm s-sorry-"

"Shhh, I said it's okay, I still love you,"