☀︎︎𝑶𝑵𝑬☀︎︎

"𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑩𝒆𝒔𝒕"
MAJIA | Gee
OCTOBER
Atlanta 📍

"Yo, can one of y'all pass me that magenta paint
right there?"

Katie's stupid dumb ass was the one that passed it to me and I wished that I could've given it right back to her.

"A thank you would be nice." She twirled her brunette hair around her finger.

"Yea, it would be nice." I took the paints from her.

Being an artist was hard when there were other artists like Katie that always had to say something smart. If we weren't in this studio, miss Katie would be paralyzed.

I continued painting my picture. I was drawing my depiction of Zeus for a client that had it requested from me. I worked in an art gallery and this was nothing rare or out of the blue for someone to ask.

The thing I loved about this gallery was that they gave us space to complete our paintings here if we needed to. My apartment was a little too tight already, so it was great.

I was in my zone. The paint was applied smoothly against my canvas. The sound of the room had been ignored by my ears and mind. This was home.

I heard a couple people walk into the pale white room.

"Majia. This is Savior. Savior this is Majia. You guys will probably be sharing this section of the studio, so welcome." Ant introduced me to the new artist.

"Wassup." I greeted him briefly and he nodded.

People here were constantly bothering me. I couldn't go ten minutes of painting without an interruption. I just liked to be in my space while they were in theirs.

I took a quick break to eat some lunch, and my best friend Destiny came back from the open gallery to the studio to see me.  She sat down beside me in the empty chair.

She had been my closest friends since we were kids, because our parents were. We never fought, except over little things. She was practically my sister.

Des was stunning. She was kinda tall, had pretty brown skin, and one of the most model like faces I had ever seen. Right now, her hair was in some blond-ish butterfly locs. None of my family was ugly.

"How long you been doing this for?" She always came by to see me.

"A few hours. I'm almost half way done."

"It looks mad good. You tryna come to a small kickback thing at mine after? Free everything for the hostess' best friend." She offered.

I accepted it, "Bet. I'll be there. What you finna do?"

"Bout to go get Reese to help me set up,"Reese was her friends with benefits. It wasn't just to set up.

"After y'all done make sure you clean up any juices on the floor. Ion wanna have to leave cause my shoes got sticky."

"Girl, shut up!" She laughed and so did I.

"You want me to see if my brother wanna come?" I asked her knowing she would say yes.

Her and my younger brother had little crushes on each other that no one could ignore. I lowkey wanted them together because they fit each other so perfectly.

"Yea, of course Elijah can come." She looked at the clock. "Okay, I'm finna go to get this shit started up, so I'll see you later Gee." Destiny gave me a small hug and left.

I picked back up and mixed blues, and whites, and greens, trying to find the perfect color for the background. At times, I could be a perfectionist. I wouldn't stop doing something until it was perfect and if it couldn't reach those standards, I'd trash it.