☀︎︎𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵☀︎︎

"𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑻𝒐𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐"
𝑺𝑨𝑽𝑰𝑶𝑹 | 𝒔𝒂𝒗
𝑱𝑨𝑵𝑼𝑨𝑹𝒀
Atlanta 📍

Purple was one of my least favorite colors. I didn't know why. I used to think it was because it was a mixture of red and blue, which, to me, represented two different spectrums of emotion. Blue reminded me of when everything was okay. It reminded me of the moments with my dad, even the moments with my brothers and then with Majia and the studio. Red was me at my lowest points, points of my life where I was consumed in anger and depression.

The clashing and mixing of those two colors confused me. They were supposed to be separate. Maybe purple represented a half way point or a point of progress, but I hated it.

So, when I got a request of a portrait made in only different shades of purple, I was immediately annoyed. Purple was the only color that I was allowed to focus on for the last few days at work.

"Look who it is! Miss King decided to come in today," I heard Ant from the front.

"Ant, I can turn back around. I still got my keys in my hand," Jia's voice responded sassily.

I hadn't seen Jia in days since I was at her house. I gave her some space so she had time to deal with what happened herself, but I was so happy that she came back to the art studio.

A pair of arms covered in a blue sweatshirt came from behind me wrapped around me.

"Hey, Savior. What you been doing?" She asked me softly.

I had to urge to reach up and kiss her, but I didn't. Our relationship was purely platonic. I needed to remember that she was just my friend that happened to be pretty.

I hugged her back, "Wishing you was here."

Jia took a seat at her stool and took a second to look at my work so far.

"That looks pretty." I shook my head slightly. "But I can tell you don't like it."

"Ion like the color." I set my sponge down.

"Why not? You can't be sloppy on something just because you don't like the color, Sav."

"I know." This whole thing was frustrating me.

I watched Majia as she went through some on her supplies.

"Well, did Ant tell you?" She began to look excited.

"Tell me what?"

"We got picked to bring some of our stuff to an art show in Savannah."

My face lit up in pride, "For real? When?"

"We can either leave today or tomorrow morning, but the only downside is that Katie is coming," Jia rolled her eyes at the thought of her.

"Nigga, what? How she coming if she ain't even sold anything recently?"

"I wish I could tell you."

I thought about whether we should leave today or tomorrow and I decided tonight in my head. Mani had went home a couple days ago and I was ready to take a short trip. Getting into a hotel room tonight was a good way to get away from everything after the whole Messy thing.

Rashawn didn't really pick a side in this whole thing but he should have. Our mother raised us to respect women. So, I wasn't speaking to either of them right now.

"You tryna leave tonight?"

"Yea, I was thinking that. I already got my shit packed anyway. Let's take the same car cause even though it's not that far, I hate driving."