☀︎︎𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵☀︎︎

"𝑺𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈""
𝑺𝑨𝑽𝑰𝑶𝑹 | 𝒔𝒂𝒗
FEBRUARY
Atlanta 📍

I hadn't been to work in a week when Ant called me.

"Aye, Sav?" I could barely hear him over the noise in the background. "Where you been? You getting offers and shit and I can't tell them anything because I don't know where you've been."

"Yea, sorry. I just been dealing with something. I can be back later today." Or at least I would try with a sore hand.

"Ight, man."

I had a feeling that painting right after my had was already bruise was what made it worse. I got my hand wrapped up, but every time I moved it it hurt. Jia would definitely notice and I wasn't looking forward to answering her questions.

The time came to go back into the studio and I dreaded going inside. I wanted to have the option to wait until my hand got better.

Going in, the first person I saw in the back was Ant.

"Finally, bro. I thought you just left and was never coming back," He laughed.

"Nah, it's all good."

I walked further into the studio and saw Majia sitting down on the floor in some gray sweats and a black t shirt. Her newly dyed hair sat perfectly on top on her head. She looked pretty,

"Gee." I said as I got close.

"Savior!" She stood up and gave me a hug. "Nigga, I missed you. You left me here with these people, bro. I can't believe you. You know I only like talking to you."

She made me feel appreciated which was something I needed right now.

"I missed you, too. And my fault, I was busy." I sat down on the cold floor.

Jia sat back down, "Mysterious much- oh my gosh. What happened to your hand?"

I played it down, "nothing serious."

"Mhmm, okay." She went back to what she was doing. 

I kinda just sat there watching her draw.Her hands  moved so gracefully and purposefully. It was hard not to watch. I couldn't really paint right now, but I could watch her do it.

"Stop looking at me." She joked. "You finishing anything today?"

"Nah, I can't cause my hand."

"Oh, yeah."

A few minutes later, someone came into the studio. I wasn't looking behind me, so I didn't pay a lot of attention. But as they got closer, I realized that I needed to be attentive. I had no idea what Messy was finna do.

I got up from the floor beside Majia and  turned around.

The nigga had on a black jacket with a hood over his head and his hands in pockets. I made sure to put my hand under my shirt and on my gun as he approached us.

"Gigi?" He said.

I watched Jia carefully as she looked at who was speaking. I didn't want to accidentally kill a nigga that she knew.

"Lijah?" Oh, it was her brother. I was being paranoid. "What you doing here?" She looked concerned.

"Tell your best friend to answer her fucking phone. She fucking with that nigga again and she think I don't know." He was heated.

"Y'all are already putting me in the middle of this. Like y'all niggas started dating like two weeks ago. Leave me out of it. I don't control either of y'all," she tried to focus on her brushes.