☀︎︎𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹☀︎︎

"𝑵𝒐𝒗𝒂𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒆"
MAJIA | gigi
APRIL
Atlanta 📍

"Why you ain't talk to Destiny, Gigi?"

I visiting my parents house to check on my brother and my parents just had to ask that question. My mama was always in my business.

"Ion wanna seem like I'm picking sides in her and Lijah. I miss my friend but it don't feel right hanging out with her after I worked so hard to make my little brother happy." I sighed.

Ma nodded her head, "ask him how he feel about it. He don't really wanna talk to me or your daddy. He been better these last couple weeks but I'm still worried about him."

"Okay, Ma. I'll be back down in a minute."

I went up the long wooden stairs and down the lit hallway until I got to my brother's door.

I knocked loudly, "LiLi can I come in?"

It took a minute before he opened his door. When he moved out the way, I gave him a side hug and did a quick examination of his room. It was more organized than I expected but it was messy nonetheless.

"What's good, Gigi?" He said wearing a gray sweatshirt and some blue basketball shorts.

"Nothing much. Just came to see how my lil brother doing." I shrugged and took a seat on his desks chair.

Elijah took a deep breath, "I'm good, you know? Shit happens but I just be tryna move on."

"Yea, it sucks when niggas keep reminding you of shit you tryna move past." He nodded his head at me. "But, if you need me I'm here, okay? We family."

"Thanks, Gee. I'm over Des anyways. She been on some cheating shit." He laid back on his bed.

"You tried to fix things?"

"Yea, and she did the same shit to me again. I don't fuck with her no more cause of that."

"Wow, I get you. I wouldn't either."

Destiny made it seem like she was head over heels in love with Elijah. Maybe it was the age gap, but she was taking advantage of his feelings for her.

"How you been, though?"

"Better."

"Better from what?" He questioned me.

"Um, I don't know how to put this."

"That nigga Sav do sum to you? You want me to get out that machete that grandma got me for christmas that one time?" Elijah quickly sat up.

"No, nigga. Relax, me and Sav are great. But, I was almost, uh, r*ped again like a few months ago."

He sat there in silence looking for what to say. I didn't need him to pity me. I just felt that it was only right that I was honest with him since he was a honest with me.

"Who did it? I'll kill that nigga. Does Pops know?"

"He already dead. He killed himself," it ain't hurt to lie every once in a while, "and, no, I don't want him to know so leave it alone."

Lijah got up and paced around his room for a minute, "Sis, Ion wanna be left in the dark about serious shit no more. Just cause I'm your younger brother don't mean you gotta hide shit from me."

"It wasn't that. It was just hard to come to terms with for a bit, but, like I said, I'm tryna work on letting it go."

"That got me hot, bro. Sav know about this?"