☀︎︎𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑶☀︎︎

"𝑷𝒚𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒅𝒔"
SAVIOR |sav
MAY
Atlanta 📍

I had three suits laid out on the bed.

There was one for me and one for Rashawn. The other one was for Messy.

We used to switch off between the suits, so technically we all had three. Mani could never fit into any of those suits. Even last year when he tried, he was too small.

I needed to pick one to wear for tomorrow. I always liked the one on the left, but the one that Shawn would always wear was nice too.

He would probably want his, so I just picked mine.

I put the other suits back in the closet and sat downstairs for a bit. No one else was home. Ma was out at the funeral home and Shawn was at his own house.

It was getting dark out and, again, I wasn't going home. I couldn't. Jamie knew I was coming anyway.

When I was in my car, I noticed that the back seat looked unusually empty. Majia must have taken Mari's car seat out yesterday.

I cleared my mind of my family life as I walked back into the bar.

"Wassupp?" I greeted Jamie.

"Third times a charm," he joked.

"4 shots," I said, even though he knew what I wanted.

The music was better tonight. It was probably because it was a Saturday.

Today had been harder than any day I'd experienced in a while. The funeral was tomorrow. I would have to stand up in front of everyone and finalize my brother's death. I didn't want to do that.

Not every circumstance was made for closure.

I was about to order my fifth shot, when a certain dread head came over to me.

"Wassup, Sav?" She took a seat next to me.

"Hey."

"I thought I scared you off yesterday." Aisha flipped her hair over her shoulder. She was pretty, but that could've just been cause I had a thing for brownskins.

"Nah, you didn't."

"Good. You have nice hair." She reached over to touch it. "Who help you take care of it?"

"Me and my girl," shouldn't have said that, "both take care of it."

"Damn, you got a girl?" She seemed disappointed.

"Yea, but she not the jealous type."

"You trouble."

I gave her a shrug in response.

"Come dance with me." She pulled me up and onto the floor.

Again, she was shaking her ass on me and all I could do was participate. I grinded into her the more she bent down. 

We were 'dancing' for a while till I looked at the time. I had to be there for the funeral tomorrow.