☀︎︎𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬☀︎︎

"𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆"
MAJIA| jia
DECEMBER
Atlanta 📍
"Hey, dad." I needed to talk to him. I adjusted my bonnet on my head and took another bite of my frosted flakes.

It was a few days since the little community cook out and I was still bummed out. I think it was because of Messy but I didn't really know. Honestly, I could've just needed a break from work and everything.

"What's going on, Gigi? Why you sound sad? What nigga needed to be fucked up?"

"No one needs their ass beat. I just been feeling different these last few days."

"I gotta go do something at the shop but I'm sending Lijah over there to watch you. You be too impulsive to be left alone."

"Pops, do not send that ratchet ass lil boy over here."

"I am, Gigi. What you gon do about it lil girl? You-," He got cut off by someone in the background. "No, I'm not, Ali! Ain't nobody threatening somebody! Here we go, man. Elijah coming, but I gotta-" He hung up.

My parents loved to fight. I didn't know why, but they liked bothering each other over little things.

To be honest, I kinda wanted Elijah to come over here. I felt like I hadn't spent time with him in months.

I took the time until he came to wash out my paint brushes that were in this gray canister of my bedroom. I hadn't painted in a few days, so maybe that was why had me so fucked up.

Knock, knock, knock. "Hello! Open up, ugly!"

I went to my door, "I was excited to see you, but nevermind."

He put his stuff down on the couch and got comfortable. "What should we do today?""

"I wasn't planning on doing nothing. You don't
need to watch me , bro."

"Nah, they forced me to come check on you. I wasn't even at home." He immediately froze when he said that.

"Okay? Where was you at? Ya' acting mad weird."

"Uh, with a friend."

It had to be Destiny. There was no way it wasn't.

"Destiny?" I smiled.

"Maybe."

"Awwww! Y'all finally can admit y'all like each otherrr! Ima be a maid of honor soon and the sister of the groom!" I did a happy dance with my tongue out.

"It ain't even like that relax." He got shy.

"You can't hide anything from me LiLi," I joked and patted his cheeks.

"Man, get the fuck off me. You tryna go somewhere or not? I'm not finna be stuck in here with you all day."

"Okay damn. Help me take out my braids, and then we gon bleach and dye my hair." It flew out of my mouth before I even fully thought about it.

"Ight, now I see why I'm here. You finna look stupid and all your hair finna fall out. We can do it if you're okay looking like lil bill." Elijah told me and turned his fitted red cap around.

"I'm gonna look good, so let's not. Go get the comb and help me with my braids."

Elijah was used to me bossing him around. When mom wasn't home and dad was too much of a 'chill parent,' I was the one that put that nigga in check.

It took about an hour for both of us to take them all out, and, besides my brother's complaints, we did a good job combing my hair out.

"Ight, now I'ma get dressed and then we're going to the store to get the stuff."