☀︎︎𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬☀︎︎

"𝑶𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒓𝒊𝒅"
SAVIOR | sav
SEPTEMBER
Atlanta 📍

"Aye, aye- stop allat crying."

Mari took that as an invitation to scream louder. I really didn't want Gee to come in here and fuss at me because of it.

I reached over to the kitchen counter and grabbed his binky to give him. Finally, he stopped crying.

"Okay, I'm ready now." Jia came into the kitchen with her hair out and one of those gray sundresses that she loved.

"You look good."

"I know. You tell me everyday," she joked.

We were going to a family party that Jia's parents were hosting. I was a little nervous to see Mar after Ali came and lectured me, but it was time for me to take some responsibility.

"How's Shawn doing?" Jia said as she strapped Mari into his car seat.

"He doing good. My mama go over there almost everyday to check on him, I guess."

It had been a few days since Rashawn got shot and we went over there to see him a couple times. We had no run ins with my mama, thank God. Shawn wasn't acting the same with Majia when she was there, and I think she could tell. He did his best to ignore her when she didn't start the conversation.

I didn't want her around him if he was gonna act like that towards her, so we haven't been to see him since.

"You nervous?"

I put the car into drive, "Nah, not really. I know what to expect."

"My pops finna go in on you, you know that right? I just want you to be prepared." She was definitely amused by that.

"I'm prepared. All I can do is let him." I shrugged.

"You not prepared for my uncle, though. My uncle Jay gon clown the fuck out you."

So, her whole family knew our business? I was doing good with them and then this shit happened.

"You so happy about this," I shook my head with a small smile.

"Love me some entertainment."

We arrived at her parents' cook out and I carried Samari in, in his carrier. He was looking up at me like he knew what I was walking into too.

I just sighed.

Elijah was standing near the door when we walked in,

"Wassup?"

Elijah nodded his head, "Wassup, Sav?" His attention was more on his nephew. "Hey, lil man."

"Everybody outside?"

"Yea, they been looking for you since they got here, Gigi."

I followed Gee to the back yard where her whole family was. There were little kids running around, a bouncy house, and adults sitting down talking.

"Gigi!" A middle aged woman yelled when we walked out.

"Hey, Aunty Key!"

I stood there awkwardly as they hugged.

"Give me a hug! You must be Savior," She came to me next.