☀︎︎𝑻𝑾𝑶☀︎︎

"𝑷𝑶𝑽 "
MAJIA | gee
OCTOBER
Atlanta 📍
"Hey, Maj. We got a client all the way from Savannah that wants a painting from you."Ant came in the room and gave me a sheet of paper with details from the buyer.

Those words put an immediate smile on my face. I looked back at Ant and he was combing his newly faded hair in the mirror. Conceded.

"Oh shit, this is gonna be mad cool." The request was of a nude black woman, as long as I made it raw and angelic.

I had a vision in my mind already. I was going to use either yellow or orange as a contrast color and she was either going to an afro or a head wrap.

A couple more artists started to come in as I laid
out my stuff beside me. Today was a good day to pull
out my airpods and ignore everyone. I wanted to finish soon so that I could see about the next request that came in.

I had already decided that the one from yesterday was perfect when I first walked in. I gave it to Ant to sell to them for $600 which was kind of cheap to me. My goal was to make this one more expensive.

"Wasgooddd?" Savior came in today with some gray sweats and a plain black shirt that revealed his sleeve of tattoos. Wow.

"Hey," I gave him a small smile.

"What you doing over here? You sketching yourself?" He looked at my canvas and seemed genuinely interested.

"Nah, it's gonna be of a black woman with my own little twist." I told him softly as I sketched her waist.

"Oh, it's crazy how you drawing a body with no reference right in front of you. That shit gets hard." I liked how nice he was.

"I'm using my own nude photos as reference." I pointed to my phone. "That's the trick."

He looked surprised as he pulled out some brushes. "Bold," is what he said with a smirk on his face.

"What you got planned for today?" I asked him.

"Tryna get on my feet. I got some stuff out in the gallery today. I'm just praying that niggas will wanna buy it. Now, I'm finna do whatever and see what comes of it." I could tell that he was speaking with honesty. I looked over to him as he twirled the brush between his right ringed fingers.

"They will. That's just how it goes when you first get here."

He nodded and went to grab some more paint from the back. When he came back, Katie was with him.

"Hey, Jia. Whatcha doin'?" She asked me.

I still didn't like her.

"Work."

"Eh, looks okay. Could be better." She thought she was funny.

"But Katie, let's not forget that you haven't sold a single painting in three weeks, let alone gotten any requests. If you jealous, just say that."

"Nobody would ever be jealous of you. Just look at you," She looked me up and down.

"Bitch look at you! Your hair looks like burnt hay and you look exactly how you smell: musty." I just wanted to paint.

"Ant! Ant! Fire this bitch!" Katie called Anthony into the studio.

He walked in trying to be intimidating with his 5'8" stature which failed. "What's going on?"