☀︎︎𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵☀︎︎

"𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒔"
𝑺𝑨𝑽𝑰𝑶𝑹 | 𝒔𝒂𝒗
JANUARY
Atlanta 📍

A few days passed and I was being quiet about what I was doing next. It was getting late at night and I had to open this door as quietly as possible. I didn't wanna wake up Ma or Mani because then I'd have to explain why I was at the house at 3AM going through my old room.

I had a lot of shit in here that I didn't want Messy or even Rashawn to get a hold to. Even though I had a feeling that Rashawn would come around, I needed make sure I had what I needed.

Creeping through the front door was easy. What was hard was getting past my mama's room without her waking up.

I got into my room without making a sound. The first thing I did was go under my adolescent bed and pulled out a choppa, and an old pistol. I couldn't lie., I was thrilled to be on some shit like this again.

But one of my guns was missing. I knew I had three under here and an small pocket knife in the closet. Rashawn had to be the one that took it. He was the only one that knew they were there.

I decided to call him.

"Shawn? Bro?"

"Hey, why you calling me so late, especially after you been ignoring me and shit?" He sounded tired.

"Nah, but did you take my gun from under me bed, nigga?"

"What? Yeah, I took that shit. My other pistol broke so I took one of yours."

"Ight, next time ask me, bro." My voice was filled with irritation.

"This about Messy, huh? I been thinking about this shit and I know shit bout to pop off, so Ima have to get in it. But you my brother, ight? I'm my brother's keeper bud if Messy wrong then he wrong. I just wish we wasn't doing this. But call me if you need me to help handle shit. Okay, Sav?"

I felt better knowing that my older brother was on my side. That nigga knew me well enough to know that I could do this with or without him. It just helped that I had someone to watch my back and vice versa.

"Bet. Preciate you."

After the call, I tried to sneak back out my front door, but just as I made it down stairs, Ma's light turned on.

"Whoever down there bet put my shit back for I whoop they ass and have my sons do the same!"

I didn't know what to do. I didn't need her seeing me take out a duffel bag full of illegal weapons, but I also didn't need her worrying that someone was in her house.

"Yo! Somebody in here?" Mani yelled tiredly.

"It's me!"

"Who's me?!" My mom asked in her silk scarf.

"Me!" I hated saying my name when people asked that.

"Who is me?!" Mani questioned too.

"Me, bro!"

"Oh, I knew it was you." Ma said.

If they knew it was me why did they do all of that extra shit?

She turned on the lights and came around the corner into the tight living room. Mani came down the hall and stared me down.

"Savior? What you doing in here?" My mom noticed the bag.

"Nothing Ma, I just had to get sum."

She shook her head, "You had to get sum?"