Chapter 27 - Trouble

Professor Rowan Knight,

Minerva has thoughts that I shouldn't alert you just yet, but I am a man of my word. You asked me to keep an eye on Juniper Montgomery, a third-year Slytherin. What I am about to tell you must stay between us and only us. Severus may know, however no one else. 

               Juniper Montgomery is missing and nowhere to be found. 

I do not wish this to worry you for we will find her. It has come to my attention that she had become in possession of a time turner necklace given to Hermione Granger so that she may complete extra courses. While I hope that Miss Montgomery has not gone back in time and landed herself in a different state of reality, it is my fear that it is exactly what has happened. I have never had a case like this, but she is a child of my school and we will find her. 

I would like for you to know that she will receive punishment from the head of Slytherin, as well as from Minerva once she is located and brought back to us. Whether Severus chooses the punishment or yourself, there must be some kind. I know that she is your friend, but it is now time for you to be a professor. 

The year is coming to an end and I hope that you will return as a full-time professor next year. That being said, her punishment will be your first task as a full-time professor if you take it. Please alert Severus that you will be in charge of such things. 

Please add to the list of things to tell Severus about is that his classroom is under repairs. It seems Gilderoy was trying to show off and made a rather dangerous concoction. It should be fixed in a single day's time.

I would also like to address Severus' behavior. Please alert him that he is in no danger of losing his job and that he did what I, myself, would have done. 

We will find her, Rowan. 

                       ~ Headmaster Albus Dumbledore. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Rowan,

You leave for one day and we lose Juni. I'm sure Dumbledore has sent you a letter already but please come back. We need you here. 

                     ~ Millicent Bulstrode

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"What am I supposed to do, Severus?!" Rowan exclaimed as she clutched the letters she had just received tightly. She had decided she would tell him of his classroom later. Severus, who was sitting silently in a lounging chair, folded down his newspaper so that he could meet Rowan's eyes. "Perhaps, you do nothing," He offered, placing his newspaper down on a small table in front of him. 

"Do nothing?! Severus, Juniper is lost in the middle of time and I am stuck here! Stuck in a different country and completely helpless," Rowan said as she ran her hands through her hair in a stressed manner. Rowan had started pacing the floor nervously, worry overtaking her mind. 

"My dear, there is nothing you can do. You simply have to wait and see if she finds her way back. For now, we both need to start to walk out to the courtyard so you don't miss your meeting," Severus tried as he pulled Rowan into a comforting hug.

It wasn't that he wasn't worried about Juniper, he had actually begun to like the little dunderhead. He was just aware that no matter how close they were to Hogwarts, Juniper wouldn't be any easier to find. She was lost in time and, if she had in fact changed anything, she would be lost within realities. Juniper Montgomery would need to find her own way home, and Severus doubted that she would have the means to.