Chapter 55 - Pity Party

Rowan sat surrounded by a group of women she had grown to call her chosen family. Per Severus' request, she was required to have a bachelorette party. Though, it was hard for her to enjoy as she was nearly six months pregnant in the dead summer heat. "I don't see why I couldn't have this party when it wasn't so hot. The middle of June-- what was Severus thinking?" The girls around her, whom she both adored and despised at this moment, gave her a myriad of chuckles and smiles. 

"Cheer up, Ro! You made Snape take Blaise with him so I'm sure he isn't having a good time anyway," Juniper said with her usual cheery smile. Over the past few months, Juniper had become much chipper than she had been. Rowan knew it was the young Fred Weasley who was responsible for this and had she not been sweating uncomfortably, she might have actually asked about their relationship. 

Suddenly, Millicent had returned bearing ice-cold beverages. Her girlfriend, Luna, followed quickly and silently behind her. "Sorry, it took so long. Blaise told me the wrong location," Luna said quickly, earning an eye roll from Millicent. Rowan could swear she heard her mumble something about a hex under her breath. "Have you decided on a name?" Juniper asked, quickly changing the subject.

Blaise and Rowan's relationship had struggled over the past few months. She didn't know if it was the pregnancy progressing or whether it was the approaching wedding date, but Blaise had been rather irritable. Whenever possible, Rowan attempted to avoid conversations concerning her complicated relationship with the young Slytherin boy. Those around her, especially Juniper, avoided conversation even mentioning Blaise.

"I haven't," Rowan attempted, knowing on her face a lie would be prevalent. It was half true, Rowan had not decided on a name. However, her loving fiancé seemed to be dead set on one she had mentioned just nights before. It all happened too fast, the night he had brought up the name of their unborn child.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"My dear, you must be more careful!" Severus scolded Rowan as she lay on their shared bed, breathless. After a rather rough session between the two of them, Rowan could barely even think-- let alone worry about anything other than the two of them. Severus, glistening with sweat, simply shook his head at her lack of response and wrapped his arm around her.

It was almost as if nothing else existed except them. The school year was coming to a close and due to students cram-studying, their shared classroom had been mostly empty. Not that Severus gave much mind, he always had another assignment for the poor children who decided to show up to class.

Rowan soon felt a warm hand place itself just below her belly button, rubbing gently. When she turned to look, Severus was deep in thought; his gaze unmoving from her growing bump. "How are we going to raise this child?" His voice was full of worry. Rowan sighed lightly; this was a conversation they'd had many times before.

"Sev, you can't keep worrying. We have an entire village backing us," Rowan smiled at the thought of her found family caring so much for her child. In the span of a year, so much had changed! Though, what Rowan was most excited about was the diversity the baby would experience.

From Bellatrix Lestrange to Minerva McGonagall; hell, even Blaise! Anything this baby could ever want, she'd surely get. There were many mysteries when it came to the future of Rowan and Severus, but one thing was for sure-- their child would be loved. Having two loving parents and a flock of loving friends was something any child could dream of. It meant the world to Rowan that she would be able to give their daughter something that neither she nor Severus had gotten. 

"What do you think about Eileen for her name?" Severus sighed, moving his eyesight back up to Rowan, who had significantly calmed down since their eyes last met. Rowan shrugged, not sure naming their child after his previously estranged mother would be the right move. "Or Lil-"