Chapter 12 - Packing

"Professor Snape have you seen- Oh. Hi, Rowan!" Millicent said as she barged into Severus' office. Rowan, who had been previously sleeping, sprung up onto her feet in turn waking up Severus. "It's not what it looks like! Oh! Millicent," Rowan began as she ran her fingers through her messy hair. "Did you need something?" 

"I went looking for you when neither of you went to breakfast. Was I interrupting something?" Millicent chuckled and winked at her best friend, who was now blushing wildly. "That is highly inappropriate, Miss Bulstrode," Severus, who finally seemed to be awake enough to comprehend what was happening, chimed in. "I'm sorry, Professor-"

"However," Severus interrupted as she rubbed his eyes sleepily. "You may call me Severus when it is just us," He said as he stood up and disappeared into his connected bedroom. Millicent's eyes grew wide as the words settled in. "Severus... Ew, it sounds so weird to say out loud," Millicent mumbled, causing Rowan to chuckle and sit down in Severus' office chair. "Seriously, Millicent. I was just helping him finish creating his half of the test," Rowan said, half-truthfully. 

"Well, Juniper and Blaise are waiting in the Slytherin common room for us, if you're up to it," Millicent said, reaching out and flattening her friend's hair. "Wait for us? What for?" Rowan groaned. It wasn't that she didn't want to see her friends, she was just extremely exhausted. "What do you mean? We have to pack up for Christmas break and we are making snack lists! Zabini said he'll pick everything up after everyone gets settled," Millicent explained and Rowan's eyes lit up in glee. "Christmas is soon!"

"You two do realize that there is still another week of classes before you get to leave, right?" Severus said as he emerged in a fresh set of clothes. "Have some spirit, Severus!" Rowan exclaimed as she ran over and slung her hands around his neck. He hugged Rowan back with a small chuckle. "Um- Sorry! Got a little carried away there," Rowan said as she awkwardly pulled away from the potions professor. "Nonsense," Severus said with a small smile before turning to face Millicent. "Inform Mr. Zabini that I will be attending with Miss- Rowan," He said and ushered for Rowan to leave his seat so that he could go over the test one last time. She obliged and joined Millicent toward the office's door. 

"Will do, Professor!" Millicent said, throwing a mischievous smile toward Rowan, who only rolled her eyes. Rowan quickly waved to Severus before pushing her friend out of his office. "You two are sooo dating!" Millicent squealed as they made their way to the common room. "No. Though, we did kiss last night," Rowan said with a smile as she looked over to Millicent who looked like she was going to explode at any moment. "You two need to fu-"

"Millicent! You found her, I see," Blaise said as the pair entered the Slytherin common room. "Yep! I found her with-"

"With a bunch of papers all over my desk! I was up all night," Rowan said, tossing Millicent a daring glare. Blaise laughed and pulled out a piece of parchment and his quill. "Okay! So, the first order of business. Who all is attending?" 

"Should be just us, I think. Oh, and Severus," Rowan said sheepishly, surprised when her friends didn't ask her any more questions about it. That was until Blaise had realized what she had said. "You invited Professor Snape?" He said with a smirk. "Leave her alone, Blaise," Juniper called out from behind a rather large book. 

"Whatcha reading, Juni?" Rowan called out and the young girl sat up. "It's this muggle book that Luna Lovegood gave to me. She said it's a romance novel but I don't see how vampires and werewolves are romantic," Juniper complained as she closed the book and placed it beside her on a small wooden table. "We should talk snacks," She added, getting up and flopping down next to Rowan. 

"We need a turkey or something. For Christmas Day," Rowan said and Blaise quickly wrote that down. "Oh! Can we get some pumpkin pasties?" Juniper asked and Blaise nodded. "That's all I need, really. Rowan, wanna help me pack some clothes?" She asked and Rowan nodded. Juniper began to pull her friend toward the dorm, but Rowan had to call out one last request. "Caldron cakes, Zabini!"