Chapter 28 - Staff Meeting

!Smut Warning!

Rowan had spent the whole train ride back to Hogwarts worrying herself about Juniper. Severus had decided that he would take the train ride to catch up on lost sleep, and Rowan was left alone with her thoughts. 

At first, the adrenaline had kept on mind on the events of what had just occurred. She had finally stood up to Theo and Ilvermorny; she even got her old potions cup to prove it. However, when she had finally come down from her high she remembered just how much her life was falling apart. 

She and Blaise weren't on speaking terms, she hadn't even received a letter from him when Juniper had disappeared. She just didn't know how to act around him now that she knew that all those 'jokes' he had been saying around her had actual meaning behind them. 

Juniper had gotten herself into quite the mess as well and Rowan feared she would never see her best friend again. Juniper had become like a sister to her. Ever since the day Juniper had gotten sorted, she and Rowan had been close. For the first year, they were inseparable even. Rowan couldn't imagine what Hogwarts would be like without her. 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Severus, Rowan! I'm so glad you're back so soon!" McGonagall greeted them as they entered Hogwarts. Rowan smiled weakly at her and watched as McGonagall's brow furrowed in concern. "Are you two feeling alright?" She asked, holding the back of her hand to Rowan's head and looking rather puzzled when she found Rowan wasn't feverish. 

"Severus just woke up, and I'm anxious about the Juniper situation," Rowan explained, nudging a barely conscious Severus. It had taken them all day to get back to Scotland, where Hogwarts stayed safely hidden. "Well, I'm sorry to bring you bad news," McGonagall started and Rowan's heart sank immediately. "What is it, Minerva?" Severus groaned, just wanting to crawl into bed with Rowan at his side. 

"Dumbledore has called a staff meeting. He insisted that if you two managed to get here before it started that you should attend," McGonagall said reluctantly, earning an annoyed huff from Severus. "Alright then, we should go now," He said, storming ahead of McGonagall and heading toward Dumbledore's office. 

Rowan stayed behind, deciding that she would walk with McGonagall instead. She didn't have enough motivation to try and keep up with Severus. "Are you two still together, Rowan?" McGonagall asked as they approached the door to Dumbledore's office. "We are, it's just been a long day," Rowan replied, taking a deep breath. 

It seemed they were the last to arrive, even Filch had beaten them. Rowan heard Minerva giggle and they sat down on a small couch on the side of Dumbledore's office. Severus furrowed his brow, confused as to why Rowan hadn't chosen the empty seat beside him. Before Rowan could try and explain, Dumbledore emerged and began to speak. 

"Hello, I hope everyone is having a fine evening," He said, settling down into his chair and picking up his quill. "Why're we here, sir?' Filch rasped and Rowan could swear that almost every professor glared in his general direction. 

"We have a few orders of business that need to be sorted out. Firstly, has anyone been able to track down the missing student?" Dumbledore read off of what seemed to be a list on his desk. When nobody responded, he shook his head. "Juniper Montgomery is missing and most likely terrified. Professor Flitwick and Filch, I want you to dedicate your time to locating her and bringing her back," Dumbledore ordered. 

"But sir-! My classes are of utmost importance. I am sure that someone with a less important class can take the role, like Sybill!" Professor Flitwick exclaimed loudly and Professor Trelawney scoffed back at him in response. "Excellent idea, Fillius. Sybill will also join you two in search for the girl," Dumbledore said monotonously as he glared at Professor Flitwick.