Chapter 23 - Diagon Alley

!Smut Warning!

Severus woke up to find Rowan on top of him, sleeping peacefully. She moved as his chest rose and fell with his breaths. She looked happy and that was all Severus could ask for. He reached one of his hands up and stroked her face lightly, watching as her eyes fluttered open. It was New Year's Eve and he knew Rowan would want to spend some time alone before they joined the crowd down in the living room. 

"Good morning, Sev," Rowan said groggily as she slid off of Severus and onto her own side of the bed. Severus chuckled and pulled her back onto his chest. "Not so fast, my love," He said with a smile, kissing her forehead gently. "Are you looking forward to returning to Hogwarts tomorrow morning?" Rowan asked as she yawned loudly, her hand covering her mouth as she did so. Severus shrugged, knowing the staff would have a large party for his birthday on January 9th. It was his least favorite part of returning to Hogwarts. 

"Not particularly. I know Minerva and Albus will have my head for not attending my birthday party, as usual," He complained was a long stretch. Rowan shot up, her jaw open widely. "Birthday party? Shit, I knew I should have asked when your birthday was!" She exclaimed as she quickly left the bed, leaving Severus suddenly cold. 

"Why are you worrying about it? We don't have to attend," Severus complained as he yanked the covers over his bare torso. Rowan gasped loudly as she pulled a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt out of her trunk, disappearing into the bathroom. "Severus Snape, have you no manners? Of course, we have to go and I haven't gotten you a present," Rowan said loudly, using a quick spell to fix her hair.

"Present? Rowan, there is no need," Severus groaned, rubbing the palms of his hands against his eyes. Rowan smiled and sat down next to him at the end of the bed. "Severus, they might not know about us, but I do. Let me be a good girlfriend," She said, giving him a quick kiss. Quickly gathering up some money in her purse, she turned back to Severus who was cuddled back up in the bed. 

"I'll be back soon, Sev," Rowan said and he smiled at her and gave her a small nod. As she exited the room, Rowan made her way down to the guest bedroom that Millicent and Juniper were sharing. Rowan opened the door to find them both engaged in different activities. Juniper was reading her book from Severus, a huge smile plastered on her face. Millicent was writing a letter intently, her quill moving quickly across the page. 

"Ladies, do you want to go shopping? I need to pick up a gift for Severus' birthday-" Rowan started, catching Juniper's attention. "We need dresses! For the yule ball on the tenth!" She exclaimed excitedly, finding a piece of paper and placing it inside the book as a bookmark. "I'm down to go," Millicent said and Rowan watched as she quickly signed her name to the parchment. 

"It's decided then. Does Blaise have any floo powder so that we can get to Diagon Alley quicker?" Juniper asked as she slipped on her snow boots. "By the fireplace," Millicent replied absentmindedly and the trio walked down to the fireplace. 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"How about this one?" Juniper asked as she emerged from the curtain in a bright red ball gown. It wasn't as wide as many of the gowns they each had tried on were. It was more fitted and both Rowan and Millicent could tell that this was Juniper's favorite. "Definitely," Rowan smiled proudly as she looked at the girl in front of her. Juniper had grown so much since Rowan had first met her at the sorting ceremony. Millicent nodded in agreement as she disappeared behind one of the many curtains to get dressed in her gown. 

Juniper smiled and she disappeared behind the curtain she had just come out of. Rowan had agreed to go last so she would have more time to think of something to get Severus for his birthday. There weren't many things that Severus wanted that he didn't already have. Any book he had wanted, he had already bought for himself. He had a million pairs of the same black robes that he was so fond of and enough potion ingredients to start his own shop. To say the least, Rowan was clueless.