Chapter 19 - Christmas Eve

"Dammit!" Severus exclaimed loudly as he threw a plastic roller of tape across Rowan's bedroom. He could hear Rowan begin to snicker from the other side of the bed. Rowan had insisted that they wrap the gifts by hand, so they sat on the floor on opposite sides as to not spoil any of the gifts. "Silence, you! I have never had to wrap a gift by hand," Severus growled, causing Rowan to laugh harder. "Rowan, dear?" Severus called, closing his eyes in frustration. 

"Yes, Sev?" She replied between fits of laughter. "Do you have anything for me that is unwrapped over there?" He asked, causing Rowan to tilt her head in confusion. "No, I have already-" Before she could finish her sentence, Severus had rushed over to her side of the bed and picked her up, leaning her back against the wall as she wrapped her legs around his waist. Rowan giggled but Severus didn't seem to be laughing. "I don't see why I have to do such foolish things as this! You told me it would be fun," Severus complained, kissing Rowan curtly. 

Rowan smiled and wrapped her arms around Severus' neck. "It is fun, you're just trying to make it perfect," She explained, returning Severus' kiss. Severus huffed and picked up Rowan completely, throwing her down onto the bed gently. It had been around a week since they had their moment in the robe shop. "You're a torturous woman," Severus said as he bit Rowan's bottom lip. He was about to kiss Rowan's neck when she placed her hands on his cheeks, stopping him. "Later, Sev. We need to finish wrapping the presents," 

"Why? Can't I just hand them the gift and say 'you're lucky I got it at all,'. Everything would simply be fixed," Severus rolled his eyes as he stood up, allowing Rowan to do the same. "No, Severus, you may not!" Rowan said as she scooped up five perfectly wrapped presents. "See! Look at you! Cursed to be- perfect at everything," He scowled as he watched her body sway out of the doorway. Damn that woman

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Where do I put these?" Rowan asked as she carefully walked into the living room. Nobody had apologized for that night, but nobody spoke of it either. "I got it, Ro," Blaise said, grabbing the presents and placing them under the large tree. Rowan nodded a thank you at him and turned to leave. She wanted to check up on Millicent and Juniper who were baking in the kitchen. 

She stood there for a moment, staring sadly at Blaise. She knew it would never be the same with him, but maybe that was for the best. She quickly left and entered a very noisy kitchen. "No! This one is two eggs, the other is three," Juniper exclaimed, moving her wand that had an egg levitating over a red bowl. "Fine! You're right," Millicent chuckled, before spotting Rowan. "Ro!"

"Hiya guys," Rowan smiled as she leaned against the doorway. It was pretty late in the afternoon and ever since the incident between Blaise and Severus, Rowan had spent much of her time in her room with Severus. "You know, dating the dungeon bat has made you a dungeon bat," Juniper complained as she shoved a pan into the oven, wiping her hands on a small apron. 

"And sending owls to an annoying prankster has made you one," Millicent snapped back at Juniper, who only shook her head in response. "She's been doing what now?" Rowan asked as she leaned down and put her elbows on the counter of the island. "Ever since she called things off with Blaise, she's been sending owls to one of the Weasley twins," Millicent explained as she wiggled her eyebrows at Juniper. Juniper's cheeks turned bright pink and she looked down at her shoes. 

"He's a little old, isn't he? Plus you'll need a dress that doesn't clash with his hair," Rowan said as she took Juniper's hand and twirled her around as if they were dancing to a ballad. "Funny thing for you to talk about age," Juniper chuckled and with the wave of her wand, pop music began to play. Millicent placed down a bowl she had been mixing and took Juniper's hands and the pair began to dance.