Chapter 2 - Moving In

Rowan awoke earlier than usual, around two in the morning. She had noticed that both she and Blaise had fallen asleep while watching a movie they had picked out. With a small smile, she carefully got up so she didn't awake Blaise. Slowly, she went up to her room and shrank the two trunks that Blaise didn't the night before. She placed them into a small, green book bag and took one last look at her room. She hadn't planned on leaving this early, or without saying goodbye to the Zabini family, but she knew that saying goodbye to the family would be harder than leaving in the middle of the night. Especially Blaise's mom.

Just as she was about to leave, she was met with two pairs of small eyes. "Where are you going, Rowan?" Lacey and Sable Zabini were Blaise's youngest sisters, and they were twins. They were only nine-years-old but pulled pranks just like the Weasley twins. Rowan knew that when their time at Hogwarts was to come, she wanted to be there to see it. "I have to leave for Hogwarts. You two should be in bed," Rowan said softly and ushered them back into their shared room. "Will you tuck us in, then?" Lacey asked with a tired smile. "Of course, quickly though," Rowan said, and quickly tucked the twins into their respective beds. "Will you be back for Christmas?" Sable asked with sad eyes. "I will try my hardest to be here. Now, sleep. Both of you," Rowan said, placing quick kisses on both of their foreheads.

As she was walking toward the steps, she heard a small bump. She turned around and was met with Aida Zabini, Blaise's mom. "I'm sorry, sweetie. I didn't mean to scare you, I was just making sure you got to bed-" Aida began, before noticing the bookbag Rowan had slung over her back. "You're leaving so soon? Why?" Aida moved over to Rowan and grabbed her into a strong hug. Rowan felt tears rise to her eyes and fall down her cheek. "I'm sorry, I was going to tell you," Rowan began and Aida began to wipe her tears away. "Tell me what, honey?" Aida asked and more tears fell from Rowan's face.

"I got a job at Hogwarts. I'm an assistant professor," Rowan said, more tears falling more than ever. "That's wonderful, Rowan. Why are you crying?" Aida asked as she guided Rowan onto the stairs so that they could sit down. "There's this guy, Ms.Zabini. I like him, I really do. I have for a while now, but I'm sure he won't find me as anything more than a friend. Maybe not even a friend," Rowan was crying openly now, everything he had felt since she met Professor Snape was coming out. "Oh, Rowan. Why wouldn't he like you?" Aida grabbed Rowan's head and brought it to her chest so that she could pat her hair soothingly. "Look at me. What is there to like? My own mother didn't even want me," Rowan sobbed into Aida's chest and Aida shook her head.

"I told you before, your birth mother may have raised you but you are one of my daughters. I've never heard of such a silly thing, hating your own child for being in a different house than your own," Aida sighed in disappointment for what Rowan's birth mother had done. "Rowan, if it is meant to be with this guy you like, then it will be. He will love you for what you are," Aida said, kissing Rowan on the cheek. Rowan raised to her feet and Aida did the same. "I'll tell the kids you said goodbye. Though, you might want to wake Blaise and tell him yourself. You know the temper that boy has," Aida laughed quietly and returned to her room.

Aida was right, Rowan thought to herself. Quietly walking down the steps, Rowan walked over and sat down beside a sleeping Blaise. "Zabini, wake up," Rowan whispered and shook his shoulders. His eyes fluttered awake as he sat up, groggily staring at Rowan. "It's time. I've got to floo to Hogwarts," Rowan said with a half-hearted smile. "It's still late, do you know where you'll floo to?" Blaise asked as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Probably to Dumbledore's office. I'll sneak off to the dungeons and go into the room beside Snape's office. He said that's where my office and quarters will be," Rowan explained with a sigh. "Well, I'll see you in a few days, Rowan. Behave," He teased with his usual sly smirk. "It amazes me how you can be perverted when you're half asleep," Rowan laughed and gave Blaise a quick hug. "It's a skill, Rowan. Learn it, live it, love it!" Blaise exclaimed quietly before picking up the blanket they had been using and starting up the stairs to his room. Rowan reached into her bag and pulled out a box of floo powder. With a small pinch, she was off to Hogwarts.