Chapter 17 - Confrontation

Severus woke up to warmth on top of his chest and when he looked down, he was met with a face full of Rowan's hair. With a small smile, he gently pushed her hair away from his face. She shuffled and opened her eyes, smiling up at Severus. 

"Well, hello dear," Severus whispered, his morning voice sending chills down Rowan's spine. "Hi," She replied plainly as she sat up and moved back onto her side of the bed. Rowan hadn't slept well last night after what Blaise had done, and she didn't know who she could talk to about it. She didn't want to tell Millicent or Juniper until Blaise had already had his conversation with Juniper. She didn't know how Severus would react, so she decided that she would just wait. 

Rowan went to stretch, but before she could she was met with a sharp pain in the lower half of her body. Rowan groaned as she pulled the covers up and over her head, trying to hide as she grimaced in pain. "What's wrong?" Severus asked as he carefully pulled the covers away from her face. "Pain," She replied simply, wishing she could go back to sleep. Severus nodded and rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "I can go and retrieve you some food from the kitchen if you need.  A bath would also help," He offered and Rowan nodded quickly. She now understood why Severus had drawn them a bath last night. 

Severus quickly walked into the bathroom and drew a warm bath for her. "It's ready," He called and watched as she slowly walked into the bathroom, completely naked. His eyes flicked up and down as he took in the amazing sight that was in front of him. Rowan rolled her eyes as she slipped into the tub with a wince. "I was looking respectfully," Severus chuckled as he left the bedroom and began down the stairs to get breakfast for them both. 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Good morning, Professor!" Juniper said in an extremely chipper voice. Severus almost winced at how awake she was this early in the morning. All three of Rowan's friends were gathered around a large island in the middle of the kitchen."Good morning, Miss Montgomery. You may call me Severus while it is just us," He reminded, hoping they wouldn't keep the habit of his first name when they inevitably returned to Hogwarts. "Where's Rowan?" Blaise asked as he took a small sip of what seemed to be coffee. 

"She's taking a bath and asked for me to get her some breakfast," Severus answered as he carefully buttered a piece of toast. Blaise choked on his coffee at the professor's response, his face twisting in anger. "Shouldn't you wait until she's out of the bath? She needs privacy," Blaise tried, his voice dropping in tone. "I'm sure she asked me to bring it to her, so that is what I'll do," Severus' voice had returned to what it was at Hogwarts, cold and almost emotionless. Just because he was on break didn't mean he wouldn't assign Zabini more work once they had returned. 

"I can take it to her," Blaise tried but before he could stand up to take the plate from Severus' hands, Millicent stepped in. "Blaise, they're dating. I'm sure he's already seen her like that. Stop being a creep," She said, rolling her eyes as Blaise huffed and slammed back into his chair. 

With two full plates in hand, Severus shook his head and started back up the stairs. Children, He thought. I'll never understand them.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"I just had the most awkward conversation with Zabini," Severus said as he set down the plates on their respective bedside table. Rowan's body immediately tensed as she exited the bathroom, dressed in a black sweater and denim jeans. "Oh?" She inquired, taking a seat on her bed. The words secretly made her stomach drop; she hated keeping secrets. "Indeed. He wanted to take you your food so that you could have privacy. It was odd," Severus explained, taking a seat beside her. Rowan shook her head and turned toward Severus. "Hetriedtokissmelastnight," She blurted, quickly taking a bite out of a piece of toast.