Merry Christmas

*portal from void opens*

Hey you! Yes you

*Yeets this chapter at you*

Merry Chrystler!

Now if you dont mind, ima go play on meh new pc

*Dips back into void*

Tubbo guiltily stared at the presents under the colored tree as Techno made coffee. He shifted slightly at the quiet, playful argument in the kitchen and he fiddled with the rug. The pair came back with smiles and two mugs of coffee, Niki's noticeably lighter than Techno's.

"Alright, which one first Tubs?"

"I don't know if I want to open them..."

"What?" They both asked, Techno nearly choking on his drink. Niki glared at him as he spat his coffee back into the mug.

"It was hot and it burned my mouth-"

She just sighed and shook her head, "Don't- Don't give me details. Why don't you want to open your presents, Tubbo?"

Tubbo kept his eyes on the rug as he twirled them strands, "Cause there's a lot and I didn't get either of you anything and I know with Dad money's been tight and-"

"It's Christmas and your birthday, Tubs," Techno sipped his coffee, "Of course I'm going all out. I'm not some loser Dad who wimps out and just labels the gifts as both. Just uh, don't expect as many next year."

Niki elbowed him at the last comment, "What he means is that it's your first Christmas with us. You deserve to enjoy it, especially after how idiotic your dads been."

"And your puppy eyes..." Techno mumbled and Niki elbowed him again, this time nearly spilling his coffee.

"I don't know... It just feels selfish," Tubbo said and looked at the pair. He looked back at the rug after seeing their concerned faces.

"It's not selfish, Tubbo. It's the season of giving and spending time with family," Niki smiled, "Right, Techno?"

"Yeah, season of giving. I mean, you could argue the whole holiday is a corporate scheme to drain money out of the shrinking middle class-" Techno caught Niki's glare, "-But uh, that argument is incredibly flawed and it's really just about uh, giving. And family time."

Niki just groaned as Techno tried to sink into the cushions, sipping his coffee as he avoided eye contact with either of them.

"All I'm saying is that the argument is still very interesting and-"

"Just stop."

"Right," Techno sipped his coffee, "But if you ever want to talk about it-"

"Techno."

"Sorry."

Tubbo's sudden laughter caused the two to look at him, slightly confused. They exchanged a look as Tubbo's giggles finally died down.

"Sorry- It's just, you remind me of Tommy and me," Tubbo said as he wiped away a tear, "I miss Tommy."

Techno looked at him slightly alarmed, "I'm not Tommy in this hypothetical right?"

"That was not the takeaway, Techno."

"No, Dad, you're more like me," Tubbo giggled as Techno let out an exaggerated sigh of relief.

"Thank God for that. I was about to take away your presents."

"Speaking of," Niki said and clapped her hands, "You should open yours."

Tubbo hesitated before nodding, starting to open the gifts.

After cleaning the copious amounts of wrapping paper, Techno and Niki plopped down onto the couch. Tubbo had stolen Techno's phone to call Tommy and their muffled yelling drifted through the walls.

Techno quickly took the remote from Niki's hand and flipped to Hallmark, "Romcom time."

"Why can't you just be normal."

"Because if I were normal then I'd be boring. Now shut up, they're going to confess their love."

Niki rolled her eyes, "We watched this same movie like, a week ago."

"Shut up, you're ruining it."

She just sighed and got up, grabbing a gift bag from under the tree, "Merry Christmas."

Techno muted the TV and looked at it, "You didn't have to-"

"Maybe save that till after you open it," Niki set it down in his lap and plopped back down.

He looked at her confused before removing the tissue paper and pulling out a Bible, "Niki, I'm openly atheist, why did you get me a Bible."

"Because it was the biggest book that was flimsy so when I hit you with it, you won't be as hurt. Plus, maybe it'll knock some sense into you."

"I- You know what, fair point," Techno said and she laughed. He looked into the bag again and pulled out headphones, "Oh, I actually needed a new pair. Thanks."

"Yeah, I know. I can hear half of your conference calls whenever I'm here," she smiled as he chuckled, "And I was only slightly kidding with the Bible."

"Oh- Well, uh, I guess I'll get your gifts then," Techno gave her a nervous smile and got up, entering his bedroom. He came back out with a wrapped box, setting it down in her lap.

She opened it and immediately rolled her eyes, "A dog calendar. Really?"

"I couldn't get you an actual dog, the apartment doesn't allow it. So I got you the next best thing," Techno smiled before immediately covering himself as she grabbed the Bible, "There's a real gift too!"

They both started laughing as she set it down, "That was clearly a good investment." She continued opening it and nearly started to cry, "Techno-"

He looked at her alarmed, "What? Is it bad? Do you not like it? I knew it was a bad idea-"

"No, no I love it-" she smiled and wiped away her tears. She unwrapped it fully, revealing a framed picture of a distant summer day. Tommy and Tubbo had just finished braiding her hair and flowers were mixed in. She held them both close as Tommy stuck his tongue out and Tubbo holding the extra flowers, Tommy giving him bunny ears.

"Oh- Good. I came across the photo trying to figure out what to give you and-" Techno was cut off as she hugged him. He looked down at her before hugging her back.