Blueberry muffins

I was busy ok im not dead just playing block game

-Creeper001

Tubbo and Tommy chased each other around the house while Niki was in the kitchen with Techno. They flung open the door and ran outside, filling the house with silence.

"I thought they'd never leave," Techno said as he watched Niki start to whisk an egg into the batter, "I can do that."

Niki looked at him and a smile crept onto her lips, "Ok, you try then."

Techno pushed himself off the counter and took the bowl and whisk from her, "I'm going to do this so well that you'll have to give the store to me."

Niki laughed and watched him start to whisk furiously, which only lasted for a few minutes before he had to stop, "Oh? I thought I was going to have to give you my bakery."

Techno set the whisk in the bowl and held his arm to his chest, "You have short arms so it takes less energy to whisk that fast."

"Or, hear me out, I've been doing this for awhile," Niki laughed as she took the bowl and whisk, "I would put you on egg cracking, but you'd probably get egg shells in."

"I can crack an egg," Techno huffed as he took an egg and was about to put it in.

"No, no, no, you're gonna prove it to me. Get a small bowl," Niki shoved him away and watched him get a bowl.

"I can crack an egg, I make amazing scrambled eggs," Techno huffed as he cracked the egg into the bowl, with only a few pieces of shell falling in, "See?"

Niki scooped the small pieces out before adding it, "I bet you I could do better."

"I'm unskilled, not stupid," Techno huffed as they washed their hands, making Niki laugh.

Techno watched Niki mix ingredients together and occasionally had him help whisk things before laughing at him.

"Can you get me the blueberries?" Niki asked, causing Techno to look up from his phone.

"Yeah, sure, where are they?"

Niki stopped and looked at him, "I- in the fridge? Where else would they be?"

Techno threw his hands up and opened the fridge, "I don't know. You could have had some super specific place for them," he grabbed a box and set it down.

"No, not those ones, the other ones."

"Oh my god-"

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" Niki laughed as he hit her with a towel, "Can you put the muffin cups in the pan?"

"Oh is there a specific way I should do this? Some secret method I don't know?" Techno fake pouted as he grabbed the pan and started placing the cups in.

"You're doing it wrong."

"I swear to God Niki-"

They both burst into laughter as he finished and Niki almost didn't have steady enough hands to pour in the batter.

She set them in the oven and set the timer, "Now we wait."

"Finally, I can't wait to actually eat and not get bullied," Techno said as he started to scroll through his phone, only for water to hit him, "Hey-"

Niki laughed and flicked more water at him, "What did you say about getting bullied?"

"I hate it here."

Niki just laughed more and flicked more water, causing him to stride over to the sink and flick water at her too. The water war escalated when Techno grabbed a spray bottle and started spraying her and she grabbed one as well.

Niki was running and laughing towards Techno when she slipped. Techno quickly ran to grab her, but the difference in momentum caused him to fall to the floor with her.

"Are you ok?" Techno looked down at Niki.

"I mean, falling on tile is never not painful, but I think I'm good, yeah." Niki realized a little too late how close they were.

"Tommy, I think this is most definitely flerting."

"Definitely flirting."

The pair snapped their attention up and basically jumped off each other.

"No, no, no she was running and she slipped so I-"

"He was just being nice, there's nothing happening-"

The boys looked at each other, "Definitely flirting."

Niki looked at the oven while Techno started cleaning the floors, "Oh the muffins will be done soon!"

As the boys' minds got immediately distracted, the pair kept nervously glancing at each other before looking back at the boys.

Tubbo tugged on Techno's arm, "Dad, come play with us while we wait!"

"Uh sure, I'll be out in a minute. Go ahead and start without me," Techno waited for the door to close before turning to Niki, "We're cool right?"

"Yeah, definitely. We're just friends who keep finding ourselves in bad situations, that's all," she gave him a smile before starting to laugh.

"Now we know not to run near water," Techno smiled, "Ok, call us in when they're ready."

After thirty minutes, the boys came in exhausted. Niki was standing there with a half eaten blueberry muffin and gave them a nervous smile.

"Wow, ok. I see how it is," Techno said as the boys sat down.

"I was making sure they were good!" Niki protested as he grabbed the pan from her and set it down in front of the boys.

"Uh huh, sure," Techno said as he took a muffin for himself.

"They're really good," Niki smiled as she took another bite.

"I'm sure they are. Would have been nice to have them as soon as they were ready."

Tubbo and Tommy just shook their heads at her before devouring their share, causing the adults to laugh.

Techno looked at Niki, "We should make more blueberry muffins together."