Part 3

Hey its the funny number

-Creeper001

Niki silently worried as she watched Techno at Tubbo's funeral. He had a far off gaze and an emotionless look on his face. Tubbo's extended family had flown out and Niki was left talking for the both of them while Techno silently stood there, nodding when they gave their condolences.

Her worry only grew when they flew back to New York and he started working longer hours. She practically moved in with him, leaving her stuff at his place and spending multiple nights a week over. She'd wake up in the middle of the night to find him working and found him in the same exact spot in the morning. She had to force him to sleep with alcohol and he stopped eating almost entirely until forced, only to hear him throw it up later.

She watched him work and sighed, "Techno, you need to stop this."

He ignored her and continued typing, causing her to huff and sit next to him. He gave her a glance before looking back at the screen.

"I know you can hear me. Techno, this isn't healthy," Niki took his hand, causing him to jump a bit, "Please, you need to rest."

Techno looked at her and slipped his hand away. He gave her a small smile and shook his head, before continuing to work.

Niki looked directly at his tired eyes, "That isn't a request, Techno. What would Tubbo-"

"Don't say his name," Techno cut her off, his voice hoarse and shaky from lack of use.

Niki frowned, "He wouldn't want you to be like this."

"Get out." Techno's gaze turned to a glare.

"No."

Techno paused before closing his laptop, "I want you out now."

Niki scoffed, "You haven't slept in ages, you rarely move, and you aren't eating. How exactly are you going to make me leave?"

"I'll call the police."

Niki threw her hands in the air, "And say what? 'My best friend is worried sick about me not taking care of myself. Can you kick her out?' I'd like to see you try."

Techno got up and grabbed her arm, starting to drag her towards the door. She sighed and put her foot down, causing Techno to nearly fall over from the sudden stop.

"I told you. Techno, I know it hurts, but this isn't good and it's not helping you. You're sleep deprived and starving. Please let me help you," she searched his face for a glimpse of something, only to be met with a devoid look.

Techno let go and shook his head. He sat back down and continued working.

"Techno..." Niki sighed, "You're going to crash soon. You need to take care of yourself."

He just shook his head and buried himself in work again, pausing when he thought he felt something hug him.

"... Niki? Can... Can you make me dinner?"