Part 2

Techno didn't normally have anxiety from flying, but he couldn't help but bounce his leg as the plane descended. He felt a hand take his and he looked down at Niki.

Tubbo was excitedly looking out the window as they descended, his face nearly pressed to the glass. He looked back at Techno and tugged on his arm, "Dad, look!"

Techno tore his eyes away from Niki and gave him a smile, "Yeah, can you believe that some of that is Canada?"

"Really?" Tubbo turned his attention back to the window.

Techno pulled his hand away from Niki and scrolled through his phone. He still couldn't believe Niki cornered him into flying out here. The occasional letter or phone call from Tubbo's family was fine, but meeting them? The thought was unsettling.

Niki saw Techno's knee start to bounce and place a hand on his arm. He was mad at her, but they both knew he didn't have the strength to push her away completely.

"Are you scared of the landing, Dad?" Tubbo looked at him a little concerned.

"Yeah, I am," Techno looked up from his phone and gave him a smile as the wheels touched the ground.

"See? It's all fine," Tubbo smiled.

As the trio waited for their baggage, Techno sunk himself deeper into his thoughts as his anxiety rose again. He couldn't smoke, drink, or get any tea here. Maybe relying on something to calm him down wasn't the smartest idea, healthy or not.

He felt Niki start to take his hand and he pulled away. Niki just frowned and crossed her arms, causing Tubbo to look at them weird.

"Thought I saw our bags, I was wrong," he looked at Tubbo with a smile. Shortly after, he pulled their luggage off the conveyor belt and they headed to get an Uber.

Techno was stuck in the middle seat since Niki sat in the middle on the plane. The 30 minute ride was the most uncomfortable, cramped experience he had in awhile and nearly ran out of the car when they arrived.

The small, snowy town of Houlton, Maine, was peaceful. The sound of the half frozen river and the soft crunch of snow helped to ease Techno's anxiety. He'd gone from a small town outside L.A. to New York City and he missed the silence.

The door of the house opened and they were soon ushered inside with their luggage. Techno kept a paranoid eye on Tubbo for the entire time. He didn't trust the kind family at all, fearing that it was just a charade.

"So are you two married or dating or...?"

Techno snapped out of his thoughts as Niki looked at him, "No, she's close with Tubbo so she came along."

Niki frowned, "I'm not a stranger to you, Techno."

"Not right now, Niki. Please," Techno looked at her before returning his attention to Tubbo and zoning out again.

The rest of the night was rather uneventful, they ate dinner and Techno watched from afar as Tubbo and Niki played games with Tubbo's family. He quietly excused himself and stepped out of the house, towards the river.

Surprised, he found the house backed up to the river and he made his way to the ledge. Brushing away the snow, he sat down and closed his eyes. He heard the door behind him close and someone joined him.

"Against my better judgement, I brought you a beer. They didn't have tea," Niki said and Techno took it from her. They sat in silence, Techno quietly drinking and both watching the river.

They both turned to each other and started, "I'm sorry-" before cutting off and starting to laugh.

"I'm sorry for overreacting with the letter. I was just being an ass," Techno said after they finished laughing.

"I'm sorry for forcing you to go on this trip. I know you didn't want to," Niki took his hand and looked down.

"Tubbo seemed like he wanted to come. His enjoyment over mine," Techno said as he finished off the beer.

Niki just hummed and leaned against him, the pair falling back into comfortable silence. The soft sound of the river was lulling them both into sleep.

Both jumped awake when the door opened, "Do you guys mind sharing a bed?"

Techno and Niki stared at each other, then looked down at the twin sized bed.

"I knew this trip was a bad idea," Techno said, "We can't even just put pillows in the middle."

"It'll be fine, we'll figure something out," Niki smiled, "Now get out while I change."

Techno stepped out and went to change in the bathroom, muttering to himself angrily. He came back and gently knocked.

"Come in," Techno opened the door and groaned.

"I am not sleeping on the floor," Techno motioned to the little pile of pillows on the floor.

"Oh come on, we both can't fit comfortably and the beds probably too short for you anyway. You get the pillows and I get the blanket," Niki crossed her arms.

"How about we just share the bed and sleep on our sides facing away from each other," Techno said and Niki agreed, both reassembling the bed. As they both got into bed, they both immediately scooted as far away from each other as they could.

"I knew this trip would be a bad idea, but nooo we just had to come," Techno muttered.

"Stop whining, I can't fall asleep," Niki hit him with a pillow.

"I can't even fall asleep, I'm literally about to fall off the bed," Techno grumbled.

"Are you always so whiny when you're going to sleep?"

"Only when I drink," Techno smirked before being kicked off the bed, "Hey!"

"Let me sleep," Niki said as Techno got back in bed.

"Then don't shove me off," Techno said as he sat up and adjusted his pillow.

"Then stop talking."

"You first."

"Fine."

"Ok then."

"Shut up."

"You're the one talking."

Niki just groaned and rolled over to face him, "Are you torturing me because you're still salty over this trip."

Techno rolled over and looked at her, "Maybe."

"You're such a child," Niki sighed while Techno laughed.

"Only a little bit," Techno gave her a smile.

Niki just sighed and rolled back over, "Just stick to your side of the bed."

"Fine, fine," Techno rolled back over and the two drifted into sleep.

Tubbo came in the next morning to find Techno holding Niki and Niki cuddling his arm, "Good morning!"

They both fell off the bed at the sound of his voice, blushing madly

AH-