Tea and Cuddles

I'd like to point out there are now 90+ parts to this

-Creeper001

Techno was allowed to come home the next day and he stood in the apartment doorway staring at the mess. Niki had left him to go check on Tubbo, but he didn't feel like heading straight to bed. With a shallow breath, he rolled up sleeves.

Niki opened the door to find Techno on his hands and knees scrubbing blood off the floor, "Techno! What are you doing?"

"I couldn't sleep and Tubbo can't come home to this," Techno looked at her as he continued scrubbing.

Niki sighed, "Techno... You've been in the hospital twice within two weeks. Please take care of yourself."

Techno set the rag down, "You're right, I'm sorry."

She helped him get to his feet, "Did you even try to sleep?"

"No..."

"Techno!" Niki dragged him to his bedroom, "I can't believe you."

"I was almost done, there was no harm," Techno groaned as he got into bed.

Niki grabbed his hand and gave him some painkillers, "There was no harm? Techno, you're not in peak condition anymore, you're sitting here with broken bones and liver failure!"

He pouted and took the pills, "I'm injured, not helpless."

Niki frowned, "Just get some rest."

Techno huffed and laid down, grabbing his phone as soon as she left. He started working, finishing an email as Niki opened the door.

"I swear-" she stormed over and grabbed his phone, "Why is this so difficult for you?"

"I'm just trying to be useful!" Techno sat up and glared, reaching to grab his phone back.

Niki put it in her pocket, "You have a son, Techno. You need to focus on yourself so you can be there for him. I'm giving you your sleeping pills."

"No-" Techno paused, "I don't want to sleep."

"Techno, you have to," Niki reached for his hand.

"No- Niki please-" Techno looked at her terrified before looking towards the door.

She paused and took his hand, "He can't hurt you, Techno."

"That's what you said when he sent the flowers. Please don't make me sleep, please- I'll try to stay in bed and be good, but please don't make me sleep-" Techno gripped her hand tightly.

"Techno, he can't hurt you, I promise. Please just take the medicine," Niki grabbed the bottle.

"Niki please- He'll come back, I just know it-," Techno pleaded, his hands starting to shake.

"Techno I-" She sighed and got into the bed with him, pulling him close as he started sobbing into her.

Niki stayed there for an hour, holding him as he cried himself to sleep. She was dozing off as well until her phone went off, jolting them both awake.

Techno sat up and looked around panicked, "Is he here? I told you-"

Niki rubbed her eyes and grabbed her phone, "No, it's just my phone. Phil's almost here."

Techno took a shaky breath, "Oh."

She got up and stretched, "Stay here, I'll go make you some tea."

As she boiled the water, she heard a thud, "Techno?"

"I'm fine! I just- I just fell but it's honestly fine," He yelled back and she paused before rushing in, finding him on the floor.

"Are you ok?" Niki reached down and helped him back into bed, "Why were you even out of bed?"

"I was going to go help you make tea. Clearly didn't go well," Techno huffed as there was a knock on the door and he froze.

"It's ok, it's just Phil and Tubbo," Niki gave him a smile and walked out, opening the door. Phil was standing there with Tubbo and she let them in, "Tubs, your dad's a little sore. Be careful, ok?"

Tubbo nodded and ran into Techno's room, "Dad!"

Phil smiled and hugged her, "How are you holding up?"

Niki sighed, "I'm a little stressed. He's not very good with being cared after."

"He's always been like that. I remember he wouldn't let me help him when he caught a fever," Phil smiled, "He'll come around."

"I hope so," Niki said as they walked into Techno's room, Techno cradling the crying Tubbo in his arms.