Too Far

Jesus there's 80+ parts to this

-Creeper001

Niki felt the couch shift and she slowly opened her eyes. Techno was walking away from her and sat down at the table.

She sat up as he started typing, "Techno...? What are you doing?"

Techno looked at her, "Doing some work."

Niki looked at the time, "It's 4 am..."

"I can't sleep," Techno smiled.

Niki moved over and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Come back to sleep..."

Techno sighed, "I can't, I'm busy."

"It's still dark outside, come back to sleep..." Niki reached and went to close the laptop.

Techno gently shifted her away, "Now you're just quoting Hamilton."

Niki huffed and glanced at his screen, freezing when she saw it, "Techno..."

Techno quickly minimized the tab, "Go to sleep. We can talk in the morning."

She grabbed his mouse and opened it again, "Why haven't you told me?"

"I wasn't sure, but it's fine. I doubt it's anywhere near this serious," Techno glanced at the medical page before smiling, "Just go back to sleep, ok?"

Niki frowned, "I'm taking you to the doctors."

"That's not necessary-"

"Techno, this is serious!"

The quiet sound of sheets rustling caused them both to freeze and look towards Tubbo's door. When the rustling stopped the pair sighed in relief and stepped outside the apartment.

"Niki, I'm sure it's fine. I'll just stop drinking as much," Techno gave her a smile.

Niki frowned, "Techno, liver failure isn't something to play around with. You're going to stop drinking entirely, you're going to start eating healthy and I mean actually healthy, and we're going to start going for walks."

Techno sighed, "fine..."

"Get changed, we're going to the hospital," Niki said as she went back inside.

"Niki-" Techno followed and failed to stop her from waking up Tubbo. He huffed and went to change.

Niki smiled and brushed Tubbo's hair out of his face, "Hey Tubs, I'm sorry to wake you up. I have to take your stupid dad to the hospital. Do you want to come?"

Tubbo shook his head and laid back down, "have fun..."

Techno grabbed his coat as Niki finished changing and they left to go to the hospital. They walked in silence, Techno checked his phone and took Niki's hand.

"I'm sorry for worrying you."

Niki sighed, "I just wish you told me earlier."

"I didn't want to worry you. It just didn't seem like a big issue," Techno sighed as he put his phone away.

"Yeah, that would have worked until you dropped dead," Niki shook her head.

"I wouldn't have dropped dead. Probably just dropped then died," Techno said jokingly, which Niki only hit him.

"That's not funny," Niki huffed.

"Do you want a calendar for this too?"

"Techno!"

"Sorry, sorry, not funny," Techno chuckled.

They arrived at the hospital, Techno's arm slightly bruised from Niki hitting him repeatedly. They sat in the lobby waiting for a doctor. When they finally left, the sun was rising into the sky. Techno had the beginning stages of chronic liver failure, thankfully early enough to be mostly avoided.

When they got home, both Techno and Niki laid down and fell asleep, awoken later by a panicking Tubbo