Holiday Drama 2

Techno was fuming as he got into his car and drove off. He couldn't believe his family had betrayed him like that. He had only gone to New York to help them, and Tommy said he abandoned them?

He scoffed as he pulled up to the familiar gas station, "Abandoned them, yeah right," he muttered to himself. He went into auto pilot mode and bought a couple packs of beer and headed out to his spot.

Niki came back to the house with the boys and saw the angered look in the family's eyes, "Where's Techno?"

"He just needed a break. He'll come back soon," Phil said as Tommy and Wilbur glanced at each other, "Why don't we go ahead and get the kids fed?" Phil gave a smile and Niki was left in the living room while everyone left to eat.

Techno was sitting at the picnic table finishing off his third beer when his phone went off for the fifth time. With a groan he answered, "Yeah?"

"Techno! Where are you?" Niki slipped into the cold night, "The suns starting to set, are you coming back soon?"

Techno sighed, "Yeah, yeah, I'll be back in like fifteen minutes or something, whatever."

"I- 'Whatever'? Where are you, I'm coming to get you," Niki looked back inside the house to see Tubbo looking at her.

"Oh wow would you look at that, my phone is going to die. Gotta go, bye," Techno hung up and started on his next beer.

"Techno! That son of a-" Niki was cut off as Phil joined her, "Your son can be a pain sometimes."

Phil laughed, "He just needs some time to himself. He's too smart for his own good, even when drunk off his ass." Niki nodded and let Phil lead her inside.

After a few hours and no Techno, they were starting to get a little worried. Tubbo turned to Tommy, "We have to go find Dad."

"He wants to stay out. It's his fault if he freezes to death," Tommy crossed his arms.

"You don't mean that," Tubbo saw Tommy look down.

"Yeah... Fine, let's go get him," Tommy said as he stood up and the pair snuck out of the house while the adults were talking.

Techno knew he should probably head back, but he was too stubborn. He'd been out for a few hours now and he had a couple too many. Standing up, he stumbled into a tree and looked around. With a groan, he sat down against the tree, deciding that he should just stay there.

It didn't take long for the adults to realize the kids were gone. Niki and Wilbur were running around the house yelling for the pair before being stopped by Phil.

"They've probably gone to get Techno, so we know where they'll be. Fundy, why don't you stay here in case they come back?" Fundy nodded and sat back down while they all piled into the car.

Techno was about to fall asleep when he felt rain hit his face. He groaned and curled up as the rain picked up in intensity. Wilbur was going to kill him.

Tommy and Tubbo were shivering and drenched when they were dragged into the car. Both Niki and Wilbur were yelling at them for being so stupid, causing Tubbo to cry and Tommy to yell back.

"Enough! All of you!" Phil yelled causing them all to quiet down, "We can talk about this when we get home. For now, we're going to get Techno."

The rest of the car ride was quiet until they arrived, Niki, Tommy, and Tubbo sprinting out of the car to find Techno. They found him on the ground, drenched and shivering.

Techno had sobered up a bit and he looked at Tubbo and sat up, "Hey Tubs... sorry you have to see me like this..."

Tubbo just hugged him, "Don't scare me like that again... I- I thought you could have been hurt or- or gone or- or-"

"Can you walk?" Niki asked and Techno caught the anger behind her words.

He nodded and with the help of Tommy and Tubbo, they made their way to his car. He was put in the back seat with the boys while Niki drove his car, following Phil home.

Techno already felt the beginnings of his hangover and his head was pounding as he was shoved into a shower and warm clothes. He came downstairs to find the adults waiting for him at the table with tea, toast, and an Aspirin. He sat down and took the pill and awaited the yelling.

Niki was the first to start, "What the hell did you think you were doing! Do you know how worried we were? Did you even think about Tubbo or Tommy?"

Techno flinched from both her voice and her words, but he was silent as Wilbur joined in, "Did you not learn from the last time? For someone so clever, you'd think you would be able to learn! What if you got seriously hurt or if Tubbo and Tommy got hurt looking for you? They're both already sick!"

"Don't even get me started on you ignoring me!"

"And what if you had passed out and choked!"

"What if you got lost in the woods!"

Techno felt his head spin as they yelled. He must have looked like he was going to pass out because Phil placed a hand on his shoulder and the yelling stopped.

Phil watched Techno look at him, "Techno, I'm disappointed in you."

That statement hurt Techno far more than his headache or any physical pain inflicted by his father. He stood and quietly excused himself, slowly making his way to his old room. Tubbo was asleep on his bed, but he knew Niki was going to have to sleep in here too. Grabbing a spare blanket, he sat down in his chair and laid his head against the cold desk, falling asleep soon after.

He was gently shaken awake by Niki and followed her downstairs. Wilbur and Fundy were up and eating while Niki sat him down with a coffee and breakfast.

"I don't eat breakfast, Niki," he said and she glared at him from the kitchen, "Right, ok, I'll have breakfast."

"How's your headache doing?" Wilbur asked as Techno began to eat.

"Hurts like hell. I think I've gotten too used to the light, so it's only sound that'll really-" Techno was cut off as Tommy came downstairs.

"Hey, Techno's up! How are you doing!" Techno flinched and held his head while Wilbur died of laughter, "What? What's wrong?"

"Can you be a bit quieter, Tommy? I have a bad headache this morning," Techno saw Tommy nod and he continued to eat. It wasn't long before Tubbo came downstairs too.

"Dad! You're up!" Techno groaned at the noise and laid his head on the counter, covering his head with his arms. Tubbo looked a little hurt while everyone else laughed, "Is he mad at me?"

Niki walked over with a smile, "No, he's just a little sensitive to noise right now."

Tubbo nodded and gave him a hug, "Sorry, Dad."

"It's fine, Tubs," Techno sat back up and finished his plate. He flinched as Tommy and Tubbo sat down and ate, both going from talking to yelling and then back to talking, "I think I'm going to go lay down for a bit."

As he left, he passed by Phil's room. He hesitated before knocking.

"Coming! What's for breakfast today-" Phil opened the door and his smile faltered, "Oh, Techno. I thought you were Tommy or Tubbo."

Techno couldn't help but note the disappointment in his voice, "I just- they're all downstairs waiting. Thought I should come get you before I went back to bed. I'll leave you to it," Techno turned a little too quickly and nearly tripped over himself, but Phil had grabbed his arm and steadied him.

"Techno, I-" Phil was cut off as Techno jerked his arm away and muttered a thank you before going into his room. Phil went to go after him, but stopped himself and went downstairs, placing a smile on his face.

Phil didn't enjoy the holidays anymore.