Dungeons and Dragons

Tubbo heard them yelling from the kitchen. It wasn't as bad as his birth parents, but it still made him want to curl up and cry. Slipping out of bed, he opened the door.

"What's going on?"

Techno and Niki stopped and looked at him, immediately recoiling from each other.

"Nothing, Tubbo. It's a stupid argument, go back to bed," Niki gave him a smile and started to usher him to bed.

Tubbo planted his feet and refused to budge, "I can't sleep."

Techno sighed, "Tubs, it's late. You have school in the morning."

"Can you read me a story? Pleaaassee?"

With a quiet groan, Techno grabbed a book and followed Tubbo into his room, Niki following. When Techno sat down next to him and began, Tubbo sat up.

"We've already read this one, can you read a different one?"

With a huff and a laugh from Niki, he got up and grabbed a different book. Tubbo then immediately cut him off and the cycle repeated.

Techno sat down empty handed, "Tubs that's literally all of our books that you can read. We can go buy some more after school tomorrow, but you have to pick from one of these."

Tubbo smiled, "Make up a story then."

Niki sat down next to Techno as he sighed, "Yeah Techno, make up a story."

Giving her a glare, he started;

Once upon a time, there was a lovely land rich in resources and wonder. Soon, people flocked to this land. The man who claimed this land was named Dream and he soon became the ruler of the land.

One day, someone came and decided that they were done with the rule of Dream and waged a war. His name was Sir Soot, and his men were Sir Innit, Sir Tubbo-

Tubbo sat up with excitement, "Thats me!"

Techno hushed him and continued;

-Sir Eret, and Lady Niki. Together, they formed a nation called L'Manburg.

Their pride was short lived, as they lost the war. Sir Eret had betrayed them. In a last ditch effort, Sir Innit challenged King Dream to a duel, and lost. However, Sir Innit had something King Dream wanted, two very old music discs. At the cost of his pride, Sir Innit won the war.

Techno finished and stretched, "The end."

"That can't be the end! What happens to L'Manburg? Why were the discs so important? You can't just leave it on a cliffhanger!" Tubbo pleaded, "Pleaaasseee."

Techno sighed, "I'll continue if you promise you'll go to sleep."

Tubbo nodded and laid down, impatiently waiting for Techno to continue.

After the war, peace was in the land. L'Manburg rebuilt their walls and counted their dead, but were proud to be independent. Sir Soot had fought for his son and set out to make their land the greatest. He decided to hold an election to hold claim to his power, but was shocked when others rose to run. His own son ran against him with the aid of Lady Niki; one of the king's trusted men, Sir George, ran with a newcomer named Quackity; and a Mr. Schlatt who had just arrived.

Sir Soot was sure he and Sir Innit would win, and he was right. However, there was a conspiracy plotting against him. Sir George, Quackity, and Mr. Schlatt agreed to combine their votes to form a coalition government. They won by one percent, making Mr. Schlatt the new President of L'Manburg.

Sir Soot and Sir Innit were banished and chased from the land, running deep into the forest. There they called an old ally, a legend among all who had gone into hiding. They called him The Blade.

"Now go to sleep," Techno said as he stood up.

"Dad! That's an even bigger cliffhanger!" Tubbo protested and sat up, "You can't just leave it on something like that!"

Techno laughed and ruffled his hair, "I'll finish the story tomorrow, ok? Now get some rest, it's late."

Tubbo huffed and laid down. Techno and Niki quietly left, closing the door behind them.

"How did you make up a story that complex in such a short time? I know you read a lot but that's incredible," Niki said as she went to grab bottled water.

"I didn't make it up. Well, not on the spot at least," Techno sat down and continued working.

"So where did you get it from?"

Techno looked up at her, "It's the family's old Dungeons and Dragons game. We used to play it every weekend until Wilbur went insane and killed all of the NPC's and us."

Niki hummed, "That sounds like Wilbur."