Bets and hair

Techno groaned as Tommy was staring at his three cards. Tubbo was sitting next to him with five cards and slightly puffy eyes. The middle card was a green 4.

"Tommy, just play a card. You're gonna lose," Techno only had one card left.

Tommy smirked, "There's no way you have a green. I'm winning this time for sure!"

Techno watched him lay down a green 8, "Make this 7 - 0," he said as he put down a wild card.

"What! You're rigging the deck!" Tommy angrily threw his two remaining cards in the middle.

"Tommy, you're the one shuffling and dealing," Techno said as Tommy took Tubbo's cards and started shuffling again.

"I think I'll sit this one out. I want to go over notes for tomorrow," Tubbo said as he grabbed a folder.

Tommy dealed out their next hands of Uno, "Let's make a bet."

"Tommy, you're on a losing streak. I don't know if you want to make a bet," Techno said as he picked up his cards, "Did you even shuffle? This hand is horrible."

Tommy grinned, "If I win, you have to come to Tubbo's competition."

Techno sighed and caught Tubbo's gaze, "I really want to, but you know I can't."

"Fine. If I win you have to... take me and Tubbo to go get ice cream once you get out," Tommy said as he picked up his cards.

"Alright, and if I win you have to quit your job."

"That's unfair! That's not a fair bet at all," Tommy crossed his arms and huffed.

"Fine, I'll also uh... I'll dye my hair a color of your choice for a day."

"A week."

"A day."

"3 days."

"One. Day."

Tommy huffed, "Fine, ok, one day."

Techno smiled, "I can do that," he said as they shook hands.

Niki heard yelling coming from the hall and rushed back in to find Tommy laughing at a shocked Techno.

"What happened?" Niki said a little wary.

"There's no way. I did not just lose," Techno groaned and covered his face, falling back into the pillows.

Tommy laughed, "Ha! I win! I win!"

Tubbo looked at Niki, "Dad and Tommy made a bet and Dad lost."

"Niki, can you find me orange temporary hair dye?" Tommy said as he turned to her.

The next morning, Techno was pouting in bed with orange hair when Niki came in, "Hey pumpkin boy."

"What do you want?" Techno looked at her slightly annoyed.

"Tubbo's competition is in an hour. He's really excited," Niki said as she sat down next to him.

Techno sighed, "Yeah, I know... I wish I could be there."

"What if you could?"

Techno looked at her and saw her smile growing, "Really?"

Niki nodded, "The doctors said it's fine for you to come home, as long as you take it easy."

Techno sat up, "Now, I want out now."

"Calm down, they gotta run you through some basic questions and then we can leave," Niki said and gently pushed him back down.

Techno huffed, "I never thought I'd miss walking up those stupid stairs, but it beats sitting here all day."

Niki laughed as a doctor came in and talked to them both, before clearing him for release.

Techno swung his feet off the side of the bed and took Niki's hand, standing up. He wobbled for a moment before stabilizing and giving her a smile.

"Are you good on your own?" Niki looked at him warily.

"Yeah, now get out so I can change and we can get there," Techno said as he practically shoved a laughing Niki out of the room.

Niki looked up from her phone when Techno came out and the pair made their way out of the hospital, "If anything hurts you tell me immediately, do you hear me?"

"Yeah, yeah, less talking and more walking," Techno said as they made their way to the lobby.

"I already called an Uber," Niki said as he opened the door for her and they stepped out.

"Ok," Techno said as he looked around, "I can finally do things again."

"Almost all things. We're fixing your life habits," Niki said as they got into the Uber.

"Can we worry about that tomorrow? I just want to focus on Tubbo tonight," Techno said as he set his backpack down at his feet.

"Yes, we can."

Tubbo was a little sad when it was his turn to play. He wanted Dad to come see him, but Tubbo knew he couldn't. When Tubbo stepped out onto the stage and spied the orange hair, he played with all his heart.

Techno nearly fell over when Tubbo jumped into his arms and he pulled the boy into a tight embrace, "Hey Tubs!"

"You're here! You're really here!" Tubbo looked up at Techno.

Techno smiled and ruffled his hair, "I wouldn't have missed it for the world."