Part #25-The Boy

Techno found New York extremely lonely. After his Christmas stunt, leaving home made him hurt more than the first time. He was dragged out of his thoughts when he felt a raindrop hit his head. He raised his umbrella and crossed the street. Soon, the rain started pouring and he was about to move into his thoughts when he saw a boy shivering.

The boy looked young, around the same age of Tommy. He missed Tommy, the blonde was annoying to high Heaven but he had a certain charm.

Before he realized what he was doing, he was standing over the boy with the umbrella over both of them, "Uh, hey there. You lost?"

The boy looked at him and nodded, starting to cry, "M-My d-dad left m-me. I-I don't k-know-"

"Hey, hey, it's ok," Techno knelt down, he'd been in this position too once and thought about what he would have wanted to hear before continuing, "You shouldn't be outside in the rain. It'll make you sick. Do you feel comfortable coming with me?"

The boy nodded and latched onto Techno's arm, causing him to chuckle. Tommy used to do the same thing when he was scared. He peeled the boy off his arm and offered his hand. "Oh- uh, I'm Techno by the way."

"T-Tubbo..."

Techno led the boy to his apartment, sending Tubbo off to take a shower while he made hot chocolate. He gave the boy one of his old shirts to wear while his were in the dryer. Tubbo reminded Techno a lot of himself and Tommy, but he couldn't take care of the boy for too long.

"Um, Mr. Techno...?" Techno hummed and looked over at the boy and nearly started laughing, "I-I think it's too big." Tubbo was practically drowning in fabric, the shirt ending at his knees.

Techno let out a laugh and smiled, "It's just temporary, don't worry about it. And you can just call me Techno."

Tubbo nodded and looked at the hot chocolate, "You didn't have to make that for me." He looked at his feet, confused why Techno was helping himself in the first place.

"It's fine, if you don't want yours I can drink it," Techno smiled, "So uh, do you know where your parents are? They should probably be aware if you're just staying at a stranger's house."

Tubbo looked down, "oh... uh... They left me in an orphanage and I ran away," he waited for words of anger or disappointment, but nothing came.

"Oh. I did that once too," Techno smiled and held out the hot chocolate. Tubbo hesitantly took it and sat down at the dining table, followed by Techno. The pair sat in comfortable silence, the occasional sound of slurping from Tubbo until Technos phone rang.

Techno answered and both of them recoiled at the yelling that immediately came from the speakers, "Tommy- Tommy stop talking. I actually want you guys to meet someone."

"Did you finally get a girlfriend? Pogchamp!"

"No way Tommy, he's the king of loneliness."

"Be nice to your brother, Wil."

Tubbo shifted as Techno looked at him, "H-Hello? I'm Tubbo."

"I found him in the rain today. He's spending the night," Techno heard the three go silent and Tubbo's anxiety climb. The three voices all came back at once and started asking tons of questions. After a bit, Techno could tell Tubbo was getting overwhelmed and he intervened, "Good night you three, talk to you guys tomorrow."

As Techno hung up, he looked at the sleepy Tubbo. He got up and gently led the boy to his bed and tucked him in. The boy mumbled something but was soon asleep, leaving Techno slightly unsure of what to do. He decided to head to sleep, laying down on the couch and staring at the ceiling.

As he looked over at the boy asleep in his bed, he promised that he'd protect him for as long as he was under his care.