Invasion

Angst time :)

-Creeper001

When they arrived home, the tension was gone. Techno and Niki vented to each other when they went to get Techno's sleeping pills. They came home to pick up Tubbo and head to hear the results. Tubbo had gotten third place in the competition, causing Techno to beam with pride and celebrate with Tubbo's favorite pizza place and ice cream.

Niki laughed as Techno and Tubbo raced up the stairs to their apartment, Niki following close behind.

Tubbo cheered when he beat Techno, the older man bent over and caught his breath, "Are you ok, Dad?"

Techno straightened and opened the door, "I forgot how many steps there were."

Niki laughed and moved past him, "Better than sitting in that room though?"

"It's so much better. C'mon Tubs, let's get you ready for bed," Techno said and ushered him into his room.

Niki smiled and started unpacking, setting Tubbo's award down on the counter and moved the pizza into the fridge, her eyes catching on the letter still in her purse.

Techno joined her and looked at the pill bottle in his hand, "I have to take so many pills now."

"You should just stop getting hurt," Niki smiled at him, a knock at the door throwing them both off.

"I'll get it," Techno sighed and opened the door, "How can I-"

Niki waited for him to continue, but he didn't. She looked over, "Techno? What's wrong?"

Techno was frozen in place, staring at the taller man, "I- I uh-" he took a step back, nearly tripping over himself.

The man scoffed at him and stepped inside, grabbing onto Techno's collar to keep him from falling, "You haven't changed a bit, have you?"

Techno was shaking horribly and the man dropped him, "I- I'm sorry- s-sir."

Niki looked at Techno sitting on the floor then back at the man, "Sir, I think you need to leave."

They both looked at her, Techno panicked. The man just started laughing and Techno used the distraction to try and get away.

The man laughed and stepped down hard on Techno's back, "You let a bitch order you around?"

Niki watched him try to get up, only for the man's foot to keep him pinned, "Stop it!"

"If you want my useless son so bad then you can take him!" Techno's father took his foot off his back and kicked Techno towards Niki.

Techno felt his side burn with pain as he tumbled, but he quickly stumbled to his feet and ran towards Niki. Everything was spinning and he couldn't breathe right. The pain from his side suddenly radiated and his legs gave out from under him.

Niki barely caught Techno as he collapsed and she fell to her knees with him, his father only laughing at the sight. She looked up at him, "Why are you here?"

"That's between me and my pathetic excuse for a son," his father watched Niki running her fingers through Techno's hair, "He's still a little bitch. Just like his mom."

Techno couldn't catch his breath and every time his father moved, his anxiety would start up again, "Niki- I-I'm sorry- I can't-"

Niki hushed him and pulled him closer, "It's ok Techno, please just try to calm down."

His father scoffed at the sight, "I'll just look for him myself."

Techno tensed and looked up, "W-Who?"

"My grandson of course! Didn't you read the letter?" his father started looking around, causing Techno to stumble to his feet.

"No- No, no, no, please no-" Techno ran over and got in front of his father, "You can't- You'll just hurt him-"

His father scoffed and shoved him aside to continue his search, "And what are you going to do?"

Techno stumbled back and grabbed his phone off the table, "I-I'll call the police!"

Niki froze as Techno was shoved against the wall, she just watched when his father started hitting him, and she just watched as his father threw a glass at him. It wasn't until she heard Techno's sobs that she broke out of her fear ridden trance and she ran out.

Tubbo was jolted awake from the sound of glass shattering and sobbing. He quickly got out of bed and opened his door, "Dad?"

Techno looked at Tubbo and reached out to grab him, only for his father to grab the boy, "No- No, no! Let him go! Please!"

Tubbo looked at Techno's bloodied face and tried to pull away from the tight grip, "Dad! Dad, help me!"

"Want to see something funny?" Techno's father dragged Tubbo towards the table and with his free hand threw another glass at Techno, laughing when he curled up and covered his head.

Tubbo widened his eyes and thrashed against the grip, "Let me go! Dad! Dad please!"

Techno looked up at Tubbo with tears in his eyes, "I'm sorry- I'm so sorry- I- I can't- I just-"

"Your dad can't even protect you! He's pathetic and he'll make you pathetic too. I'm trying to help you, kid," Techno's father said as he dragged Tubbo towards the door, Tubbo thrashing and yelling.

Techno hesitated before running and throwing himself at them, grabbing Tubbo and ripping him from his father's grasp, "Tubs, run!"

Tubbo was shoved through the front door and he ran. He heard the loud thuds coming from the apartment as he ran down the stairs, but he burst through the lobby doors into the cold air.

Niki saw him and pulled him into a hug as the police arrived, "Oh my god- Are you ok?"

Tubbo started sobbing and clung onto her, "D-Dad! H-He's still in there!"

Niki hugged him, "It'll be ok, it'll be ok. Everything will be fine."

Tubbo cried into her as Techno's father was dragged out, a bruised and bleeding Techno following with the help of a medic.

Niki took Tubbo and rushed over, "Techno!"

Techno looked at them and slowly knelt down as Tubbo crashed into his arms, "Hey Tubs. Are you hurt?"

Tubbo looked at him confused, "Am I hurt? Dad, you're the one who we should be worrying over!"

"I'll live. This isn't the absolute worst he's done to me," Techno smiled and looked at Niki, "He didn't get to you, right?"

Niki shook her head, "Tubbo, we need to let them look over Dad, ok?"

Tubbo hesitantly let go of Techno, "You don't have to go to the hospital again, do you?"

"I don't know yet Tubs, I don't know," Techno smiled and stood, before clutching his side and stumbling into the medics arms.

Niki sighed, "Tubbo, how about we stay at my house for the night?"

Tubbo nodded and Niki took one more glance at Techno before leading Tubbo away.