Glares 5

Techno was anxiously drumming his fingers on his knees as the car sped past the trees. It had been a few days since Tubbo had been taken away, but he had finally been granted visitation hours. They had lost the shelter hearing, which meant that the removal was lawful, but there was still an attempt to appeal.

Phil placed a hand over Techno's, causing him to stop drumming his fingers, "You don't have any reason to worry."

"But I do. What if he hates me or I don't win the next case? Not to mention the legal fees coming from this whole-" Techno was cut short as the car slowed to a stop, his eyes landing on the two figures in the yard.

Tubbo was standing there bouncing up and down while Niki was smiling. In his hands, Tubbo was holding a piece of paper and a box with a bow on top.

Techno quickly got out of the car and ran to the boy, pulling him into a tight hug when he finally reached him, "Tubbo I'm so sorry, this is all my fault and-"

"Dad, it's ok. You're here now. I missed you a lot," Tubbo hugged him back and pulled away, "I got you a gift! Well, actually, Niki bought you it, I just picked it out."

Techno took the gift from Tubbo's hand and opened it to find a bee plushie. He smiled and ruffled Tubbo's hair, "Thanks Tubs." Tubbo smiled and held out the piece of paper and Techno's heart melted. Tubbo had made him a handmade card with a drawing of Tubbo and Techno with bees inside.

"Oh! Dad, there are so many bees here! I think there's a beehive somewhere nearby!" Tubbo grabbed Techno's hand and tugged, dragging the man behind him as he led him to the forest behind the house.

Phil watched them go with a smile and made his way to Niki with an outstretched hand, "Hello, I'm Phil. I'm Techno's dad."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Niki" she smiled and shook his hand.

Tubbo was happily chatting Techno's ear off as if it were any normal day, he kept stopping to point out flowers or climb a tree while Techno made sure he didn't hurt himself.

Tubbo stopped and turned to Techno, stars in his eyes, "It's the beehive! We found it!" He started to run up to it when Techno grabbed his collar.

"Tubbo, don't get too close. They might sting you," Techno let go as Tubbo nodded and sat down a few feet away, Techno joining him a few minutes later.

They sat in silence, listening to the faint buzzing of the bees and the rustle of the wind. Tubbo leaned against Techno, falling asleep soon after.

Techno watched him sleep, he hadn't realized how much he missed the small moments like this. After a bit, he gently shook the boy awake, "Tubbo, let's head back. I'm sure Dad wants to interact with you too."

Tubbo groaned and laid back down, "Can we stay here for a while longer? Please?"

Techno smiled, "Ok, but don't fall asleep on me again."

Tubbo nodded and sat back up, starting to rattle off bee facts, but was cut off by Techno's phone going off, "Oh, is dinner ready?"

Techno looked, "Mhm, Dad just texted. Cmon Tubs, I'm hungry. What about you?"

Tubbo hopped up, "I can eat too."

The pair started on their way back, getting lost for a bit after Techno's human gps senses failed him and Tubbo insisted he knew the way. Eventually, they made it back, now starving from the long walk.

When they sat down to eat, Tubbo retold the story to Phil and Niki causing them all to break into laughter. As the night passed, Techno felt a pang of sadness when he had to leave.

Techno pulled Tubbo into a hug, "Bye Tubs. I had fun today, maybe we should come visit Niki when you come home."

Tubbo nodded, "Don't forget your bee and card!" He pulled away and grabbed them, holding them out to Techno, "I want you to keep the bee close to you, it's like a bond thingy. I have a bee too! See?" Tubbo held up a second bee plushie that was smaller.

Techno smiled and took the two items, "I'll keep him on my nightstand waiting for you." He gave Tubbo one more hug before leaving. As he got into the car, he looked down at the plushie in his hands.

He really had the best kid in the world.

May i offer you some fluff in these times

-Creeper001