Drunken Mistakes

Niki shifted at the sound of soft clicking and something boiling. Her eyes opened and she groaned, a headache pounding her thoughts away.

"Good morning sleepyhead," Techno hummed and Niki sat up.

"What happened...?" Niki looked around the room and gently shifted off the couch and joined him at the dining room table.

Techno looked at her and shook his head, "Well, I had to hold your hair back while you threw up, so you deduce what happened."

"What!" Niki glared at him as he went to pour the boiled water, "Did you feed me alcohol?"

"Me? Never. Minx and Schlatt? Absolutely," Techno said and nearly dropped a mug as he was hit with a thrown pillow, "Hey!"

"Why did you let them do that!" Niki yelled and threw another, causing him to turn to her.

"You know I have issues saying no when I'm being peer pressured!" Techno ducked a third pillow, "You told me you could handle a couple of drinks!"

"I was drunk!"

"Ok? And?" Techno looked at her as she made her way into the kitchen. He held out her mug with a smile and she took it.

"You're so dense..." she sighed and sipped her tea.

"You seemed down for it. So much for 'Techno, you can't drink too much' and 'Techno, only some in moderation,'" he snickered and looked up as Tubbo came out of his room, "Good morning, Tubs."

"Morning..." Tubbo yawned and looked at Niki, "Are you feeling better, Niki? I heard you throwing up last night."

Niki turned red as Techno started laughing, "I'm fine, Tubbo. I can't say the same about your dad in a few minutes though..."

Techno let out a nervous chuckle and quickly moved to hide behind Tubbo, "Tubs, she's gone insane you have to protect me. She won't hurt you so if I-"

They both jumped as a pillow was thrown at them. Tubbo grabbed Techno's hand and ran to his bedroom, locking the door behind them.

"Techno! Open the door! Right. Now!" Niki pounded on the door and Techno froze, "It's not fair if you lock the door!"

"Dad? Dad, what's wrong?" Tubbo looked at him as Techno took a step back, "Dad?"

Niki stopped after hearing Tubbo's panic and furiously rattled the doorknob, "Techno? Techno, what's wrong? Techno!"

Techno hit the foot of the bed and fell back, closing his eyes tightly, "I'm fine, I'm fine-"

"Dad- Dad, it's ok!" Tubbo climbed onto the bed next to him and hugged him, "It's ok- Dad, calm down, please-"

Niki gave up and listened to them. Tears flooded to her eyes as guilt ate at her. She sat down next to the door and curled up.

Techno pulled Tubbo close to him, "I'm here, he can't- he can't hurt you too- I won't let him-"

"Dad, it's ok, please! It's just Niki- She won't actually harm you! She- She was just joking, I'm sure," Tubbo hugged him back and Techno just pulled him closer, shaking slightly.

"I won't let him hurt you- not again- Tubbo, I'm sorry- I'm so sorry..." Techno started crying and Tubbo hesitated.

"I- I know you won't," Tubbo felt Techno relax and he smiled.

Techno paused, "I'll try my hardest. I promise."

"I know Dad, I know."

Niki looked up as the door opened, "Techno!" She quickly moved over to him, "I'm sorry- I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok, really. You didn't mean to," Techno smiled and pulled her into a hug.

Tubbo smiled and joined their hug.