Rainy Forests

Holy jesus the google doc is now 368 pages wtf

-Creeper001

The soft patter of rain on the window kept Tubbo's attention. It was late, he should be asleep by now. His mind wandered back to the forest and he sat up.

Slipping out of bed, he opened the hallway door and crept towards the kitchen back door, passing the two figures asleep on the couch. He paused, before slowly taking the remote and exiting their show.

Niki was curled up with a blanket, her head resting on the armrest. Techno sat next to her, his head resting on his hand and his other hand holding the second remote.

Tubbo smiled before walking into the kitchen and grabbing a flashlight and opening the back door. He flinched when it creaked and turned to face the slight rustling on the couch.

When there was no further movement, Tubbo exhaled and stepped outside. The soft, pale moon dimly lit up the forest as the rain continued to drizzle.

Tubbo closed his eyes and listened, before jumping at the sound of someone faintly screaming. Flicking on the flashlight, Tubbo accidentally let the screen door slam closed as he bolted into the woods after the voice.

Niki jumped awake at the noise, accidentally kicking Techno, "Wh-"

Techno rubbed his side with a groan, "Was that necessary?"

"I thought- I thought I heard something," Niki sat up and looked around while Techno massaged his neck, "Did you not hear it?"

"No, I didn't. I just felt you kicking me out of sleep," Techno mumbled as he got up to stretch, "I gotta stop sleeping like that..."

"Stop acting like you're some old man, you're literally 21," Niki huffed and got up, "Do you think it was Tubbo?"

"You're being paranoid, it was probably just the wind slamming the screen door closed," Techno smiled at her and walked over to Tubbo's room, "Look, he's right in-"

Niki watched him freeze and quickly walked over, "Tubbo?"

"He's not-" Techno flung the door fully open and stepped inside, "Tubs?"

"I'll check the bathroom," Niki quickly turned and ran down the hall, finding the bathroom just as empty.

Techno stopped next to her, "He wasn't in my room nor yours- You don't think he ran away, do you? Did- Did I do something wrong?"

"I'm sure there's a reason. He wouldn't have just run off," Niki looked at him as he started to fully panic, "He wouldn't have just left."

Tubbo looked around confused and shivering. The rain had soaked him after a bit and the wind chilled him. He hadn't found the voice and he had gotten all turned around. Nothing looked familiar as he shone his flashlight around.

The soft sounds of the forests were comforting at first, but as the silence set in, it became more evident that he was all alone. A rustling behind him made him turn, and he lost his footing, flailing as he tumbled down the hill.

Landing at the bottom of the hill with a soft snap, he felt pain shoot through his ankle. He'd been plunged into darkness after he dropped his flashlight.

Tubbo curled up and started to cry. He was so stupid. He shouldn't have left without a coat or telling Dad. He really shouldn't have left at all.

Techno kept rechecking the house while Niki called the police, a search group being sent immediately. She had to physically restrain Techno to keep him from ruining the carpet with his pacing.

When they arrived, Techno joined one of the groups and Niki stayed at the house, waiting patiently.

"Tubbo!" Techno yelled, his voice starting to hurt from the constant yelling. He looked up at the sky starting to lighten and started losing hope. They weren't going to find him, he'd left them for-

"Dad?"

Techno's heart stopped and he looked back to the surrounding forest, "Tubs?"

"Dad! I'm down here!" Tubbo waved at him.

"Tubbo!" Techno quickly made his way down, nearly tripping himself as he slid down the sharp hill. He embraced the shaking figure and closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry- I thought- I thought I heard someone scream so I came out-" Tubbo cried and Techno pulled him closer.

"We can talk about it later. Are you hurt?" Techno pulled away and looked over Tubbo. He was soaked and covered in scratches and bruises, some small bleeding.

"My ankle hurts pretty bad," Tubbo sniffled and Techno gently picked him up. He wrapped his arms around the older's neck and cried into his shoulder.

They walked in silence, Techno watching Tubbo fall asleep in his arms. He pulled the boy closer, resting his cheek on Tubbo's forehead. Techno frowned at the warmth despite Tubbo's freezing frame.

"Oh Tubs..."

Tubbo drifted out of sleep with the sound of talking and soft rustling. He was leaning against something warm and he shifted towards it.

"Good morning, Tubs," Techno smiled as Tubbo groggily opened his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." Tubbo mumbled and Techno pulled him onto his lap, pulling the blanket tighter over him.

"Shh, just get some rest, ok?" Techno rubbed Tubbo's arm and looked at Niki, who was talking with a couple of officers.

She glanced at him and closed the door when they left, joining the pair in the living room.

Techno looked down to find Tubbo asleep and gently ran his fingers through the boy's hair, "I haven't been that scared in a while."

Niki just remained quiet and grabbed a heating blanket for Tubbo. Techno sighed and tried to get up, only for Tubbo's arms to shoot out and grab his waist.

"No..."

"Just hang on Tubs. I gotta move you to your room, ok?" Techno smiled and Tubbo's grip receded. He leaned down and gently picked Tubbo up with his blanket and carried him down the hall, Niki moving in front of him and opening the door.

"Don't leave me..." Tubbo mumbled as Techno set him down.

"I won't, Tubs. I won't," Techno untangled himself from Tubbo's arms and moved him under the blankets.

Tubbo let out a cry and reached out, breaking into a coughing fit.

Techno quickly wrapped his arms around him as he slipped into bed with him, "I'm here, Tubs don't worry."

His coughing fit died down as he curled into Techno. Niki watched from the doorway as Techno pulled Tubbo as close as possible.

Niki smiled and crawled into the bed next to Tubbo, meeting Techno's worried eyes.