Part #4-Amnesia

He woke up in a warm bed, in a place that felt familiar. He looked to his left and saw a boy in a yellow sweater asleep, his phone still open. At the feet of his bed, a boy was curled up under a pink blanket. Finally, to his right sat a man staring at the floor, seemingly unaware of him waking up.

"H-hello?" He said meekly, but who was he?

The man's gaze snapped up, "Techno, you're awake,"

"W-who are you? H-how did I g-get here? Wheres D-dad? A-am I in trouble?"

Phil quickly moved to hug the shaking boy, "No, you're not in trouble. Your Dad can't harm you here, ok? I'm your new Dad. That's Wil," he gestured to the yellow sweater boy, "and this is Tommy."

Techno didn't know why, but he trusted this man. "I... did I know you?"

Phil nodded, "You had a bad experience, it's all ok now."

"I'm sorry..."

"No, no, don't be sorry. You couldn't have done anything." He sighed, thinking about what had triggered Techno's latest amnesia episode. Tommy hadn't meant to scare Techno, he was trying to tease his older brother. Tommy threw a plate down and Techno flinched, so Tommy threw down more to get a reaction. Phil rushed into the kitchen to find a collapsed Techno and a panicked Tommy. Wil helped Tommy clean while Phil put Techno to bed.

"Techno, what do you remember last?"

Techno started to fiddle with the blanket. Phil sighed mentally, he's gone back to how he was when Phil first adopted him, always on his guard and anxious at every creak.

"I can't remember, I'm sorry," tears sprung into the boys eyes.

"It's ok, really."

Tommy woke up first, and he happily started jumping up and down, "Techno's back! Techno's back!"

Phil immediately grabbed him and hushed him, his gaze returning to the trembling Techno, "Tommy, why don't you and Wil go ahead and get to bed. You can talk with Techno in the morning."

"But Daad"

"Now, Tommy."

With a huff, Tommy woke up Wil and they left. Phil looked back to Techno, who looked at him with wide, frightened eyes.

"Get some rest, ok?"