Slime

Techno sat in front of his computer bouncing his leg. After the doctors visit, Niki had completely cleaned out his stashes, which left him defenseless. With an angry huff he got up and started pacing.

"Dad? Are you ok?" Tubbo stuck his head out of his room.

Techno looked at him, "I'm fine, just... aggravated."

"Do you need anything? I can make you tea," Tubbo said as he stepped out.

"No, it's fine," Techno huffed and sat down, attempting to finish something for work.

Tubbo sat next to him and watched him work, asking questions occasionally. Techno knew he was just trying to be supportive, but it was getting on his nerves.

"What does that word mean?" Tubbo pointed at Techno's screen causing him to stop typing.

"Well, try to sound it out first," Techno got up and started making tea.

"So- socio- social eco- socia econumb-" Tubbo scrunched up his face, "This isn't a real word."

Techno laughed, "Socioeconomic change. It's a tough one, I know."

"What does socialecnumics change mean?" Tubbo looked at him.

"Well, it's how society can affect the economy," Techno said as he set down a mug of tea and hot chocolate, "I have to do a paper on it."

"A paper? I still have to do essays out of school?" Tubbo groaned as he sipped the hot chocolate.

Techno laughed and sat down, "Well if you follow my career then yes."

"And what do you do?" Tubbo looked at him.

"Well, officially I'm an accountant, but they're making me work a bit all over the place. Mainly doing stuff like this," Techno sipped his tea and continued typing.

"Why?" Tubbo started kicking his feet back and forth.

"We're a little short-staffed right now. The company had some layoffs recently," Techno finished a sentence and leaned back before rereading the whole thing.

"Layoffs?"

"Yeah, they had to let some people go. Don't worry, I'm not in that group," Techno gave him a smile.

"Were you almost in that group?" Tubbo saw Techno freeze, "Is that why you're doing this?"

Techno ruffled his hair, "This has to be boring, why don't we do something fun?"

"That is why, isn't it?" Tubbo looked at him directly.

Techno bit his tongue and smiled, "Nah, we're fine. What do you want to do?"

"Why are you trying to avoid the question?" Tubbo looked up at him.

Techno took a deep breath and looked at him, "Ok, yeah. I almost didn't make it, but it's fine. We're all good now."

"Are we?"

"Tubs-" Techno cut himself off and calmed himself, "Why don't you go play?"

Tubbo just frowned and took his hot chocolate to his room. With a sigh of relief, Techno relaxed and sipped his tea, finishing off the paper and his mug.

Tubbo watched Techno finish off the paper and go to make more tea, before pausing and opening the tallest cabinets, before closing them with a sigh.

"Dad? Can we make slime?"

Techno snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Tubbo, "Slime?"

"Yeah, I think it'll be fun," Tubbo smiled.

Techno nodded, "Ok, sure."

Niki came to check on the pair to find an absolute mess in the kitchen. There was slime all over the counters and the floor and some even on the wall.

Techno stepped out of Tubbo's room when he heard her come in, "Hey-"

EDIT:forgot the end, somehow. also /visit tippynose on the blueberry profile DO IT ITS ERAS ALT

"What did you two do."

Techno sheepishly smiled, "Tubbo wanted to make some slime and we kinda made too much and ruined it."

Niki sighed and started rolling up her sleeves, "Well help me clean then."

They started working, Techno and Niki deep in a debate about books or movies when Tubbo attacked.

Techno was on his hands and knees picking up slime when Tubbo jumped onto him, sending them both into the floor, "Wh-"

Tubbo started laughing and tickling Techno, "I caught you off guard!"

Techno laughed and easily pulled him off, "You shouldn't have done that."

Niki watched as Tubbo's excitement turned to horror as Techno started chasing him around the house. Techno eventually managed to grab him and Tubbo's laughter from being tickled made Niki laugh as well.

"D-Dad! Let me- Let me go! I- I can't breath!" Tubbo managed to say, his laughter cutting him off as he tried to wiggle out from Techno's grasp, both on the couch.

Techno laughed and continued to tickle him, "You have to apologize first."

"I- I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Let me g- go!" Tubbo took a deep breath as Techno pulled away.

"Who's the better parent?" Techno pulled him back into his arms and started tickling him.

"It's you, it's you!" Tubbo laughed as he tried to get away.

"Hey!" Niki huffed from the kitchen, smiling as she finished cleaning and joined them on the couch.

Techno laughed and stopped tickling him, both of them catching their breaths. He pulled Tubbo closer to his chest, closed his eyes, and muttered, "It's nap time..."

Tubbo closed his eyes too and they soon fell asleep, Niki taking a picture and before joining them.